Valerie Edison - My brother, a serial killer? - Part 9

After rushing Rose into hospital, I realised that the only thing to do was to tell the police.

I waited for news of Rose, and found out that thankfully she wasn't dead, but she was injured. Badly.

I got out my mobile and rang Max. It took him a while to answer. "Maxwell Edison." I said.

Silence.

"Max! How DARE you do that to Rose?! I know it was you! Seriously!"

Still silence.

I shook my head and hung up. I sat down on a seat outside a room in the hospital. My head lowered down to my knees and my hands covered my face. I didn't know what to do anymore.

After a few minutes of careful thinking, I got out my mobile again.

I rang the police station.

"Hello, P.C 31 here."

"Hi, um.. I need to speak to you about my brother.."

"Yes...?"

"I.. I think he's murdered people."

"Oh." He was at a loss for words. "I would like to have a word with you miss, would tomorrow morning be alright?"

I nodded.

And then realised that he couldn't see me, so I said, "Yes. That would be OK."

I hung up, and walled into Roses room. She was awake. I ran over to her bed and hugged her.

"Rose! Oh my god! I am so sorry! Was it max?!"

She struggles to nod.

For the second time in one day, I started to cry.