𝟐𝟓. 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

a|n: HAHAHAHSHAHAahahBBah
^^^ that's me being cryptic about the content of this chapter

D A I S Y ' S   T R A I L E R
10:34PM

The knock on her door came soon after the tweet. She had been waiting for him. She knew she would have to get up to let him in, to see his face.

Her legs seemed unwilling to move from their spot curled up in the tiny kitchen booth, and it took several tries before she was able to walk her way over to the door. Out of the blind-drawn window she could see Sebastian shivering, hands in pockets and staring at his shoes.

She opened the door.

"Daisy, listen-"

No. She put her hand up to stop him, her body disobeying her mind. She had no control of what she was doing anymore, and before she knew it words were spilling out of her mouth in jumbled phrases like pieces of a puzzle all mixed up.

"Hey, Daisy, Daisy. I need to- why are you crying? Are you okay?" Sebastian asked, moving closer to her. His eyes scanned over her, looking for anything physically wrong.

He placed his hands on her shoulders.

The pieces of the puzzle clicked together.

"I'm in love with you."

"What?"

"I said I'm I'm love with you. And at this point I really don't care if you love me back or not because I'm just so tired of lying-"

She stepped back. She shut her eyes to keep any tears from slipping out. Don't let him see you cry, not again.

"Please say something so I know I didn't just spill my heart to you for nothing."

Daisy waited. The tension in between the two was squeezing all the air out of her lungs, and every passing second of silence was another second she was unable to breathe.

"Daisy I..."

And she knew. From those two words. She knew. He didn't love her back. And she stood there, unable to feel her legs as he looked at her with pity in his eyes, mixed with something else she couldn't make out.

"It's okay." No it's not. "I didn't expect you to feel anything." Yes you did. "It was all for publicity anyway."

No. It wasn't. It never was.