Chapter 40: Elemental Dragon and Metal Wolf

"ELEMENTAL SHIFT - Archaeoptermon!"

Suddenly you were smaller! Especially for a beast - you weren't all that much bigger than when you had your human spirit shape. Your body was like a velociraptor's with armor on your feet and face, and brightly colored feathers on your wings, tail, and neck.

"Right!" you said. "Now let's put a stop to this!"

You folded your wings and dove at Mammothmon from above. "Ancient Hurricane!"

Powerful wind with blades of energy within it shot from from your wings and struck the mammoth in the middle of his back. He roared and reared up, clearly furious and looking for revenge. You kicked him in the forehead and stunned him so that you could hover in front of him.

"Now stop, Mammothmon!" you ordered. "You're hurting Digimon and destroying the bazaar! What's wrong?!"

"Tusk Strike!"

"Woah!" You dodged the rocket tusks and swooped out of his line of sight. "Ancient Hurricane!"

The blades of energy struck Mammothmon but most of them simply bounced away. He was utterly enraged now and spun around to slap you with his trunk. You tumbled down and demolished a line of tents when you hit the ground.

As you started to pull yourself up you heard Mammothmon stomping closer. 'Oh no.'

~BlackGabumon POV~

I stayed put under the canvas awning where I'd taken refuge during the fight that weird human was having with Mammothmon. Not that I was afraid - but I knew better than to get in the middle of a fight with a furious Mammothmon. That weird girl who could turn into a Digimon was welcome to it.

And what was with that girl? How could a human become a Digimon?? And what sort of Digimon had she turned into? That enormous shadow and that roar...

Now the fight had really picked up and the ground was shaking and the air was filled with roaring and trumpeting.

Suddenly I heard something odd. It was a voice. But it wasn't a scared voice like one of the Digimon running away. It was something powerful and overwhelming.

"Come here," it commanded. "Come get me."

Fortunately it was coming from the opposite direction of the fight. I pushed my way out of the canvas tent and started slinking along the empty streets. Where was that voice coming from? Then I could smell it, something vastly different from the rest of the bazaar smells. It was intoxicating.

I drew closer to the furnace at the center of the bazaar and I saw a shimmering figure floating in front of it. My body started moving closer to it without my thinking about it.

"What are you?" I asked.

"Me, Gigasmon." The image stared solemnly at me and I could feel the power radiating from it. "Me need your help."

"And why should I help you?!" I demanded. "What've you ever done for me?!"

No one had ever done anything for me out of the kindness of their heart. Everyone always wanted something in return - so why should I be any different? If I didn't take care of myself, nobody else would.

"It not just me who need your help. Human girl need you too. She not have power to stop Mammothmon as she is. She need my power."

I looked away. "So what?!"

"So you no can say that she not try to help you."

I winced and realized that I was staring at the pink hat I had taken. The pink hat that the strange human was making me return. And while I was returning it she had fed me... Which had been why I had taken it. I hadn't eaten in so long. And the hat was a valuable human relic - selling it would've kept me fed for months. My guts squirmed with guilt.