"Have you figured out what my punishment is yet? I'm kind of getting bored just sitting here..." He rested his head in his hands as he began fidgeting in the chair. We had only been sitting here for about ten minutes and he couldn't even stay still THAT long?

"Actually now that you mention it...I have figured out what I'm going to do with you and as soon as I get permission for it you will be my personal assistant for a while. You will not be able to leave the Underworld unless you get MY permission and you will no longer be able to cause any more problems fluttering around annoyingly...like a little nat."

I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as his usual joyfully hyper expression faded slowly from his face. I smirked smugly at him when what I said truly set in. His eyes widened and his mouth parted slightly as if he was about to protest, but nothing came out.

"What? Nothing to say now? Several minutes ago nothing but smart ass comments were coming out of your mouth. What happened to all that?"

His mouth opened again but he couldn't say anything, there was nothing more to say. This moment would definitely go down as one of my favorite encounters with Hermes. There was no way out of this and he knew it. I know it seems quite cruel for me to be enjoying this but if you had to deal with such a person you would enjoy it too.

"You can't possibly do that, there's no way you can confine me to the Underworld." he sounded rather confident about that but I had already figured out how to solve that little problem. When I got Hephaestus to create the handcuffs I had done my research and I knew exactly how to keep him bound to me so that he would be forced to do as I say without any way of escape.

"Tisk tisk... Do you really think that I would have told you what I was going to do to you without actually having a plan? I'm hurt...I thought that you would know me better than that especially since you're always around me."

I sat up resting my arms on the desk in front of me, leaning over so that I was speaking to him more directly. He unconsciously sat back trying to put some distance between us.

"Now that I think about it this might not be the best punishment for you since you like being around me so much." I paused a little bit, trying to build up the tension. I smirked as I thought about what I was going to say next. "You know...I heard from other gods that you have a little crush on me. Is that true?"

"…no…” he turned his face to side to avoid actually looking at me. His face flushed bright pink as he sat there and denied what we both knew to be true.

“So now we’ve resorted to lying?”

“I’m not lying!” He quickly turned to face me but as soon as are eyes met all protests of denial vanished as he fell silent. He was staring back at me but now the shock and anger had melted from his face and all that was left was awe. Here he sat in my office after I had just told him that he was pretty much about to become my personal slave and he was staring at me in awe. Why?

“Well that look on your face says otherwise.”

He turned his body sideways in the chair in a failed attempt to hide his face from me. I was still able to see the fact that his cheeks were now turning from the light pink color to a darker shade of red. He was getting more embarrassed by the second and this was the longest he has ever sat in my presence without annoying me. When he wasn’t running his mouth and constantly harassing me he wasn’t that bad. He was actually quite adorable when he was quiet.

Did I just say that? Now that I think about it this punishment might not be the best choice for me. It seems the longer I’m around him is the more accustomed I get to him. But that can’t happen, he’s a pest that needs to learn his place and that’s all this is. Nothing more.