The Day (1)

Underneath the Sakura tree, Shana stood. She was a chubby girl. Shana had beautiful light blue/Green eyes, her lips were plump and full. She was more on the curvy side but she still was chubby and a little over weight. Her hair reached the middle of her back, recently dyed a light blue with a hint of pink. Shana's face was fat and soft, it looked as if you could pinch her cheeks and have a hand full of skin in your hand. Shana wore glasses that seemed to not fit her at all.

This was the day Shana will confess her to her grade school through middle school crush. She was confident in herself, she hoped her love will return the feelings; And not leave her heart broken. She heard footsteps from behind her but she didn't want to seem so desperate. Sakura Petals had fell into her long curly hair, Shana picked one out of her hair and played with it. Placing it between her pointer finger and index finger, her bangs covered her eyes as she looked down at the beautiful petal.

A soft voice had called out to Shana, causing her to turn her head. "Hey fatty...Are you waiting for something?"

Shana seen her crush...Dae-Hyun, her prince, the person she could hopefully develop a relationship with. Even if it was just as friends. Shana smiled at the male walking up to her, he looked a bit disgusted. Shana was lost with words, her tongue was tied, she couldn't even get a simple word out of her mouth. The only thing she could do was keep her head down and nod.

The male rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets, fiddling around with a coin. He yawned, "well...mind leaving? Someone wanted to talk to me. Don't need you to ruin the mood."

Shana didn't know why she was in love with him, when they were around others he would help her, talk to her, and even spend some time with her in class. But now that they were alone he became a jerk. She wouldn't let that ruin her confession, she swallowed pretty hard, her mouth dry. "I-I...am the person who called you here. I really needed to tell you something important." Shana said, her voice shaky. She had planned everything out perfectly in her head. Number one. Look nice. Number two. Confess. Number three. Live happily ever after.

Dae-hyun looked upset, "so it was you? What do you have to tell me?" He took his hands out of his pockets and crossed his arms. The look of hate covering his face. Shana stared at his face and instantly regretted bringing him here, she had a feeling it'll only end with rejection. "I-I wanted to tell you that..I..." Shana felt the blood rush to her face, she smiled and messed with the Sakura petal in her hand. "I like you..." Shana looked away from the angry male, she adjusted the dress she had on. Which she brought the previous day for this moment.

There was silence for a good 5 minutes before laughter filled the air. Shana looked up at Dae-hyun who was laughing, 'he's laughing why?' Shana was confused. Her face had lost color, when words begin to spill out of Dae-hyun mouth with no hesitation when he finally calmed down. "You wasted my time and your own, you really thought that I would love a fatty like you? This isn't some amazing love story where a guy like me would fall for some girl who doesn't know when to stop eating. Let me get this straight. I would never love a fatty like you." He smirked at his words, "why don't you find someone your own size, bye-bye!" He turned on his heels and walked off, leaving Shana there. Hurt, sad, and heart broken. She placed a hand on her chest, holding back her tears.

Shana dropped to her knees, dirtying her dress. Tears began to spill from her eyes. Shortly going to stain her cheeks. Shana slumped over and hugged herself. Remaining like that for the rest of the day. Shana felt dead on the inside, how could she like someone so cruel? Why would her heart just throw themselves at someone, she couldn't help it. Shana couldn't stop her feelings for the boy who broke her heart.

Shana stayed there for hours until she finally managed to pick herself up and head home. She dragged herself home. She still had petals in her hair, her eyes were a light red. Showing that she had been crying. Shana's stomach felt upset, she felt the need to throw up. Shana looked up at the sky, and began to cry again. She used the palms of her hands to cover her puffy eyes. "I'm so stupid to think I have a chance with him.." Shana still was in disbelief by what he had said to her, 'was he just having a bad day? Or maybe he just doesn't like big people. He did make that clear earlier.' Shana took a few more steps stopping at her house door, knocking on it. Waiting for her mother to open the door.

Shana uncovered her eyes when the door opened, her mother looked at her in disgust. The same way Dae-Hyun looked at her, her mother didn't really like her at all because of her appearance. Her sister, Mina got all of the attention from her mother. Shana barely got anything from her mother and was always compared to her. Her mother scoffed and walked away from the door, "You were late for dinner. You will have to wait to eat. You've already ate enough by the looks of it. Hurry and head to bed."

Shana frowned at her mothers words, before heading into the house and to her bedroom. Making sure to shut the door behind her and locking it. Shana had a personal bathroom in her bedroom, so she didn't have to worry about crossing paths with her snobby sister. Shana removed his clothes, and headed into the bathroom. Shutting the door behind her. As soon as Shana got into the bathtub she felt relaxed. She sunk into the water, keeping her eyes shut. Recalling everything that happened today, her getting ready to meet Dae-Hyun, her waiting underneath the Sakura tree, playing with the petals. And lastly meeting dae-Hyun and confessing her feelings, only to be left heartbroken and insecure.

Shana absolutely regretted confessing to him, she knew she'll have to face him everyday. Having to deal with him bringing it up to his friends and then laughing at her. She regretted every. single. moment of it.