Chemistry

Kageyama and Hinata have a bit of trouble with chemistry... literally.

this is short af sorry also I know nothing about chemistry cut me some slack

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hinata had never been really good at Chemistry. Actually, scratch that. Hinata had just never been really good with school, but he was specifically a little shittier at Chemistry.

You could ask why, but Hinata couldn't give you an answer. He was just.. bad at it. No matter how much he studied and tried, his grades never exceeded just barely passing. If it weren't for volleyball, he probably wouldn't have tried so hard to maintain those kinds of grades.

Not only was he bad at it, but on top of that, it was boring. Hinata didn't care anything for the subject, but since he was forced to take it, he sucked it up.

One thing that made the class bearable (in fact, probably the only thing) was the fact that his boyfriend, Kageyama, was in the class. He often shoved Kageyama's pencils off the desk just so he'd have to bend down to pick them up, just to annoy him (he totally wasn't trying to steal a look at his butt). After all, there were still kind of rivals, but Hinata definitely preferred him as a partner.

Hinata, being awful at Chemistry, was a little nervous to be learning that they would be working with hydrochloric acid today. He looked at the clear liquid with a little bit of fear as he imagined how it would feel on his skin. It would probably burn, he thought.

The assignment was that the students had to drops a small bit of the acid on a bone and see how it reacted. Easy enough, right? That's what Hinata thought, but leave it to him to screw things up.

"Don't fuck this up," Kageyama warned as he watched Hinata pick up the dropper. The small boy gulped and shot his boyfriend a glare.

"Shut up, stupid Kageyama!" he hissed. "I can do it!"

In reality, his hands were shaking so much that he could barely hold the thing. Kageyama sighed irritably.

"Here," he said, taking Hinata's hand into his. The orange-haired boy thought about how much bigger Kageyama's was than his. More than that, he thought about how perfectly it felt having their hands together. He wanted nothing more than to turn his hand over and intertwine their fingers together, because holding Kageyama's hand always felt so right. The boy, of course, did not do this, but he did let the raven-haired (he wanted to say 'crow-haired,' but that didn't really fit) guide his hand to the bottle of hydrochloric acid. The cap had rolled off the table and onto the floor, but neither of them noticed.

"Don't get this on my journal," Daddy- I mean Kageyama warned halfheartedly. Hinata just swallowed as Kageyama's hands left his. They immediately started to shake again, but he was much more aware of it now, so he did his best to hide his fear. Truth be told, Hinata wasn't exactly sure what the substance was, but anything with the word 'acid' in it couldn't be good, right?

"Just let me do it," Kageyama started to take the dropped but Hinata immediately pulled his arm away.

"No let me!" he said and moved his hand to get some of the substance.

Well, this proved to be a bad idea because he hit the bottle with his hand and knocked it over.

Right onto Kageyama.

"Shit!" the taller boy yelled and shot straight up from his seat. Hinata gasped and yelled a "SORRY!" This caused the other students to realize what had happened and yell for the teacher.

"The emergency shower!" the teacher yelled and rushed over to help them. Kageyama sprinted faster than a volleyball player running to get a ball and threw off his shirt. Hinata was sure his nose would have bled had it not been for the situation. Hinata helped him turn the shower on and dReNcHed his chest and abs with it. Luckily, none of it had gotten on his skin since the fabric of his shirt was pretty thick (PROBS UNREALISTIC BUT WHATEVER). If he had a thinner shirt on, who knows what could have happend.

"Idiot!" Kageyama yelled and Hinata's cheeks flared.

"It's your fault for making me so nervous!" Hinata challenged, though it wasn't very convincing. "Ah! Please forgive me, Kageyama!" he yelped and hugged the boy. A few students snickered and Kageyama pushed him off. The small boy realized that his face had been smushed against the taller boy's chest and he blushed.

To say the least, Kageyama looked... HOT! Duh! The only time Hinata ever really saw him shirtless was when they were showering after volleyball matches, and it didn't really feel the same as now. Hinata felt his cheeks glow a bright red as he fiddled with his thumbs. He felt like a pervert, especially since he almost hurt Kageyama! (But he a daddy so it's okay)

"Do you have another shirt or do you need to get one at the lost and found?" the teacher asked.

"I have one. I'll go change," Kageyama replied and left the classroom.

"Kageyama-san is so h0t!1!" Hinata heard a girl whisper. He felt his something in his chest coil with jealousy.

"I know, right?" her friend agreed.

"Hey!" Hinata said, sticking his nose into their business. "Don't talk about Kageyama like that!" The girls both looked shocked as their mouths opened in awe. "He almost got hurt! You shouldn't say that!" he said hypocritically. And he's mine! he said in his head.

"Oh! S-Sorry."

"Hmmph." Hinata walked back to his seat and sat down. The teacher decided that it would be best if he didn't work with the substance for the rest of the class, and Hinata couldn't really argue.

-swoosh timeskip swoosh-

"I'm sorry, Kageyama!"

"I said shut up about it!" Kageyama yelled as they walked home together. Word got around quick and you can bet that they got teased all throughout volleyball, which really sucked. Not only that, but word got around that Hinata hugged Kageyama while he was shirtless, and that was really embarrassing to have to explain, too. Overall, Hinata was ashamed of himself for being such a dunce.

"B-But I could have hurt you!"

"So what? I'm fine now, so just stop apologizing!" They had stopped walking and were facing each other. Kageyama had an angry look on his face.

"B-But," Hinata sniffled, on the verge of tears, "I could have really hurt you!" Kageyama realized that Hinata was about to cry and his demeanor immediately changed.

"H-Hey... Dumbass." He leaned over and hugged Hinata. Hinata gasped and blushed again. He felt like he didn't deserve to hug Kageyama now. Kageyama must have gotten annoyed by this because he said "Hug me back, idiot!" and Hinata gladly obliged.

"You don't have to feel bad because I'm okay, alright?" he said softly. Hinata nodded into Kageyama's neck. Kageyama pulled back, but his hands still rested on the smaller boys shoulders. "Besides... seeing you cry..." he muttered something that Hinata didn't catch.

"Huh, Kageyama?" he said with a dry throat. "What did you say?"

"I said... seeing you cry... hurts worse than the acid," he said and turned his back to Hinata in embarrassment. Hinata blinked at the clisheness of it for a moment before grinning a wide, genuine grin.

"Kageyama!" he yelled and hugged his back. Kageyama's eyes widened and he turned back around. He smiled a small grin and wrapped his arms back around Hinata. They sat there for a moment before Kageyama placed a kiss on Hinata's forehead and let go. Hinata felt warm where Kageyama's lips had touched.

"Come on, dumbass," he said with a smile, turning around. "You're mom'll kill me if you get home too late." He started to walk away and Hinata jogged up to catch up to him, the smile never leaving his face.

After a few minutes of walking in comfortable silence, Hinata spoke up.

"Hey, Kageyama?"

"Yeah?"

"Seeing you upset is worse than acid, too!"

"Wha- SHUT UP!"