Chapter 8 - Midnight

From our view from at the restaurant, the Champs Elysee looked amazing.

People were rushing along the busy pavements making their way home from work. There were restaurants with men in waiter suits standing outside the entrance, trying to pull in more customers, though doing the exact opposite. The lights, though slightly blinding, lit up the whole road making everything seem romantic and bright. It was absolutely magical, a view one could only dream of. And I felt like I was drea-

 "Lily, lily, hey, is anyone there?" Josh said.

"Whaaaa........." I said, then suddenly snapped awake "oh hi, sorry, what did you say again?". 

"The chicken..........isn't it delicious?" he asked, referring to the chicken that must have just arrived at the table, not like I realized though. 

"Delicious, yes, very nice" I said, still a bit lost. 

"You haven't even tried it yet" he said laughing. 

"Oh right, sorry" I said, then cut it up and tried some. Josh was right; it was incredible. 

"Mmmmmmphh" I groaned while chewing.

"Right??!!" Josh exclaimed.

Suddenly I heard a voice right behind me. It was only the waiter. 

"Could I offer anything else for you to drink?" he asked, noticing our empty glasses. 

"Um, yes, we wil have some........ red wine please" I requested, surprising all of us.

The waiter raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure you're old enough m'aam?" he quizzed. 

"Oh yes" I confidently said. He didn't seem to fully believe me though he went along with it anyway. "Ok then" he said then walked off mumbling to himself about 'teenagers these days'.

"Red wine?" Josh laughed. 

"Oh yes" I said.

"Um, is that  really a good idea?" he asked.

"Sure, why not? And anyway, it's only one glass" I explained

We both shut up when we saw the waiter making his way to our table and we thanked him as he carefully put the glasses of wine on our table. 

"Have you tried wine before?" Josh asked. 

"Nope" I replied truthfully

"Me neither. Ok. We try it on three then. One, two, and Three!" 

We both took a sip hesitatingly. The wine was delicious. It tasted like paradise in a glass. 

Josh didn't seem to feel quite the same way though.

"Ewwwww. You actually like that stuff?" he said while pulling a disgusted face.

"Yeah, it's delicious!" I boomed.

**************

After we had finished dinner we payed and left the restaurant only to be caught up in the festival that the shopkeeper had been talking about. There were weird French people dressed up crazily with big drums, parading down the far end of the Champs Elysee. I'm surprised we couldn't see it earlier. 

Both me and Josh were not the biggest fans of festivals and so we decided to head somewhere else.

"Hey, you know what?" Josh said on our way home.

"What?!" I replied.

"There is a pool at the hotel" he exlaimed.

"Wait a second, there is a pool and you didn't tell me!?" I said while struggling to keep in my excitement.

 "Sorry! I only just found out from the recptionist" he responded.

"Well lets go!"  I chimed happily.

We quickly went to the room to change into our swim stuff. I always brought mine just in case. My bikini was hot pink with frills. I changed into it then grabbed the towl from the hotel room and wrapped it round me. Then Josh walked out of the bathroom, grabbed a towl of his own then we walked out the door.

In the lift Josh pressed floor 21, the top floor.

"Why are you pressing the top floor?" I asked

"Because that's where the pool is" he explained.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!! I could't contain my excitement now.

When we arrived on floor 21 we walked through a thin corridor with a door at the end. Josh pushed it open and there it was, a massive rooftop pool, all lit up with sunbeds surrounding it. We walked to it then I put my towel on a sunbed, exposing myself in just a bikini. 

Josh looked me up and down, making me feel uncomfortable, though I pretended not to notice.

After staring at me for what seemed like forever, he finally put his towel down, flashing his abs, and walked right to the edge of the pool. It was quite deep and we were the only ones there. 

While he wasn't noticing, I sneaked up behind him, though he saw me right at the last minute. 

"Hey-" he shouted but it was too late. I pushed him in with all my strength. 

He seemed to stay under the water for forever and I was worried. I suddenly jumped in and dived in to save him. When we reached the surface again, I heard a laugh. 

"Why are you laughing, I was really worried?" I demanded.

"I was just kidding, I can hold my breath for ages" he laughed.

"Ahh, I hate you!" I shouted jokingly.

He just smiled.

In the pool we raced and splashed each other and fought and joked and talked. 

I suddenly looked at my waterproof watch and saw that it was nearly midnight. We has spent over an hour in the pool!

I told Josh the time and he said we should maybe get out soon. I knew he was right but I was having so much fun that I never wanted to get out.

I swam back over to Josh and he pulled me close. Our faces were less than an inch away from each other. He slowly leant in and kissed my lips and I kissed his. We heard the bells ring for midnight but we ignored them.

After what seemed like forever he let me go.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too".

He took my hand and I took his.

And together, we dived under one more time.