PART 7

*TOM'S POV*

Erin was standing in her underwear out of bed and beside her was a distressed shirtless man who was hastily pulling on his trousers. I froze and my blood ran cold. I dropped the tray which startled both Erin and the man to turn around and look at me. Their eyes were wide and their jaws both dropped.

"Tom..." Erin began but I had already turned around.

Shaking I walked away and stumbled down the stairs. I could sense Erin behind me but I didn't stop until I collapsed on the couch, I put my head in my hands trying to make sense of what had just happened...

*ERIN'S POV*

"I don't know why I panicked" I thought to myself, "Everything is going to work out!"

At least I thought it would...

Seconds after the door swung opened, to reveal tom. Everything happened so quickly.

I was in my underwear.

Ronald was trying to pull on his trousers.

I saw Tom's innocent smile drop as he realised what was happening.

Tom dropped the tray. He had seen everything. I tried to explain, I tried to stop him but he turned away.

Before chasing after him I looked at Ronald,

"LEAVE!!" I screeched, then ran down the stairs after tom.

*MELISSA'S POV*

As I arrived home I felt calm and happy. Tom had seemed in a really good place, happy with life in general. I was glad everything was going well for him.

*TOM'S POV*

My life was falling apart right in front of my eyes. The girl I was in love with was (apparently) cheating on me. I felt like all the air had been deprived from my lungs and my heart had sunk into my stomach. I couldn't slow down my breathing and I couldn't see or focus. I only felt betrayal and heartbreak. The feelings were so overwhelming that I didn't even notice that Erin had came in and sat across from me. Embarrassingly I realised I had tears that had escaped from my eyes, I hastily wiped them away with my sleeve and looked up at her expectingly, waiting for her to speak.

*ERIN'S POV*

I came into the living room and sat opposite from tom, who still had his head in his hands. Despite the situation, I rolled my eyes.

He was over reacting.

When he finally looked up at me I was shocked to realise that he was crying. The way he looked at me once again reminded me of a puppy.

I've always despised puppies.

I almost felt bad for him. Almost. But all I was doing was following my heart, it's not like I chose to be in love with Ronald... right?