01. PROLOGUE; NEW CAST MEMBER

"Dominic! We're going to be late! I'm seriously not waiting another second for you!" Annabelle Sherwood yelled up the stairs to her husband

"Dominic! We're going to be late! I'm seriously not waiting another second for you!" Annabelle Sherwood yelled up the stairs to her husband. He appeared a moment later, a nonchalant smile on his face.

"Calm yourself, love. I'm coming. What are you so freaked out about?" Dom asked, joining her at the bottom of the stairs and smiling. She looked away from him quickly, shrugging in a way that told him for sure that something more was bothering her. "Annabelle, my dear, look at me," he whispered, planting his feet in front of her and taking her chin in his hand. He guided her head up so that she had no choice but to look at him, and once she was he smiled in a way that he knew she couldn't resist. "Talk to me, Belles," he whispered, and she shook her head as if to clear her thoughts.

"I'm nervous, I guess," she told him quietly, and he cocked his head off to the side in question.

"Nervous about what? We're just going to Comic-Con. You were there with me last year. It's not as scary as it seems," he said, obviously genuinely confused.

"Dominic, I'm not scared because of Comic-Con itself. I'm scared because we're announcing my character on Shadowhunters. They're going to hate it, Dom. They've said all along that they don't want me to join the cast," she said, the 'they' she was referring to being her Instagram followers and other fans around the internet that had been following their relationship since basically the beginning.

"Annabelle, come on. They love you, and they're going to love your character too," Dom assured her, but she still wasn't convinced as they walked out the door.

Her fears were pretty much forgotten, though, when they walked into the backstage green room at the convention center about an hour later. The other members of the Shadowhunters cast surrounded them, and before Annabelle knew it, her best friend Matthew Daddario was picking her up and spinning her around in circles.

"Jesus, Matty! What the hell are you so excited about?" Annabelle asked, giggling breathlessly as Matt set her down a moment later.

"I'm so fucking excited for you to be on the show, stupid! It's so exciting!" he exclaimed, everyone around them agreeing with just as much enthusiasm.

"Shadowhunters cast to panel in five minutes!" a man near them with a headset said loudly, making sure they'd all heard.

With Dom's hand on the small of her back and Matt's on her shoulder, they walked out onto the stage a few minutes later, greeted with deafening applause.