1: the fuck up

It was the night of the big party as Rafa's house.

Mostly hamilcast, but some others.

Luckily, as Daveed was your second cousin and you were very close, he snuck you in.

The party went as parties go, designated drivers sober, others shitfaced.

You, Rafa, and Daveed only got tipsy, however. Finally in the very early morning, it thinned out, and just the three of you were left.

That's when Casal let you in on a little secret.

The fictional plant "Boletus Frequencia" from his youtube series "The Away Team", which would give a human a very intense, roughly, ten minute orgasm, was based off of a real drug. A pill, legal but mostly unknown and rare.

And he had three.

"What do you say?" He asked, smirking. "We won't DO anything, this can be totally platonic if you do it right."

You and Daveed both sighed. He was more of a best friend and sort of mentor than a removed cousin. If it had been your immediate cousin, you would have said no. You would have said "Get me the hell out of here!" But Daveed was different. Twice your age,  he was the "Cool cousin". The one who saw your maturity, snuck you into parties, told you everything. But all this time, he made sure you were being responsible. A rebellious mentor.

You had to admit, in the most normally strange way, you liked him.

But you liked Rafael even more. He knew his power and his talents and how to use them. He was good looking, and comedic. But the important part was that he didn't treat you like a child. He trusted you, genuinely. So when he asked to have a platonic group-gasm for ten minutes straight, tipsy, you agreed and so did Daveed.

So, lightheaded and a little horny, you all ended up on Rafa's bed, sitting up slightly, holding hands and little red and purple pills.

You popped them in, all of you at once, and giggled in disbelief at what you were doing.

You look over at the boys. You hoped none of this would affect your friendship.

After five slow silent minutes, the drug began to kick in.

At first, you all tried to hide the fact that you were being hit with a wave of pleasure.

But it started to show. Daveed suddenly squeezing your hand, tensing his whole body.

Rafael's breath hitching quietly, then louder.

Your thighs started shaking uncontrollably.

It's ecstasy, and you're in between these two hot men who feel the same way physically, but don't feel the attraction you feel to them.

Or so you thought.

You feel a hand, Rafa's, let go of your left and reach to your thigh tentatively.

It's nothing, you told yourself.

The feeling and panting, giggling, mewing, groaning and other assorted noises were enough to make anyone reach for the nearest body.

That's why you belived he did it.

Until the next morning.

You woke up, still in a tank top and shorts, but your blouse and belt were thrown across the room.

You were curled up against Rafael, hands balled up between your chest and his side, his t shirt the only layer between your fingers and his chest.

Behind you was Daveed, strong arm around you both.

But it wasn't all like this.

You didn't wake up and magically fall into a happy polyamorous relationship with both of them.

You weren't even all that happy when you woke up.

In fact, you panicked.

Silence filled the room as you thought about how bad you'd fucked up.

Suddenly you wished you hadn't drunk at all.

Or even better, that you were all flat out shitfaced so that none of you remembered how this happened and it could be blamed on the alcohol.

But no.

You were only tipsy.

Enough to hide any boundaries, but not enough to forget everything.

At least you remembered that you hadn't actually done the do, thank God.

You sat up a bit, wondering if you should just go back to sleep and see what happened later.

But your movements had awoken Daveed, who looked at both the alarmed and confused you and the calmly sleeping man on the bed.

"Grab your clothes and let's go.", he said, expression utterly unreadable. He sat up, and to your relief he was still wearing shorts.

You looked forward to going home, distancing yourself from them until it blew over. But then you remembered.

Shit.

Your parents were in Italy for a second honeymoon trip for the next few weeks.

You were staying at Daveed's house until then.

You gathered your things and, no matter how much you wanted to fix your hair, touch up the slept through makeup, you stayed quiet and got ready as quickly as possible, in case Daveed got annoyed at you for caring about your looks "In this kind of situation."

Careful not to wake up Rafa, you tip toed out the door and into the car, breath held.

Daveed climbed into the driver's seat to your left, starting the car and turned on a local news station very low, some background noise so the awkwardness didn't steal from your thoughts.

Not a word said all the way home. Not even eye contact. As soon as you got home he told you to just go in, and he stayed in the car,  making sure you were safely inside before turning around and driving away, presumably to the studio or to a friend's.

You didn't blame him. You could take care of yourself and if you needed anything you would text him. But there was just something off about the house without him in it. Maybe it was just the thought that hung in all three of your minds that morning, looming menacingly,  a mystery, a surprise that had to be opened before you could tell if it was good or bad. A thought that twisted relationships and moral standards, a memory that could never fully be undone. A secret.

A scarlet and violet pill, a tiny thing, had made all three of us question our morals all over again.

The rapper falling for his best friend.

The best friend feeling a despicable pull to the rappers fifteen year old second cousin.

The cousin to two older men, men she saw as brothers, protectors, best friends, until they became something more. Or maybe something less?

All because of those stupid pills.