chapter 12

I dont want the time to pass, i wish i could lock her inside the apartment and keep her out of everyone's reach, i could tell she wasn't sleeping, she was in my arms with her head rested on my shoulder just close enough for her breaths to burn my neck but she wasn't sleeping. I could tell she didn't want to open her eyes. I didn't want her to open them either, her, officially waking up meant it's time to leave this beautiful moment behind and face our reality. I couldn't help but wonder what is her reason for not opening her eyes? Maybe like me, she wants to keep this intimacy forever or maybe she is avoiding the facts, maybe its her denial process that's kicking in right now.

Eventually she did open her eyes, she looked at me and smiled.... someone please tell her to stop smiling at me the way she does.
She asked about the time and i instantly replied

-it is not time to go.

That made her laugh and kiss me, and that kiss put my brain at ease, she is not freaking out, she doesnt regret what happened, She doesnt want to run away and hide, she still want to kiss me...
I held her so close so tight that she moaned, she got her lips so close to my ear and whispered

-habibi...

Okay, i don't speak arabic, but that is one of the most used words in this country, arabs have the habit of calling almost everyone they talk to "darling" "baby" "sweety" without really meaning it literally the way us europeans do, it's just how they relate to people and open up to them with warm expressions and loving words and now as she is using it with me i liked it, i liked being called "habibi" by her...

"my love" sounded like something i would live the rest oc my life waiting to hear it coming out off her lips once more.

-you know you should only say that to the person you love.

I was obviously trying to tease her, i knew she didn't mean it the way my spanish brain would take it but instead of her getting teased she turned it against me.
Suddenly she jumped on top of me leaned in so close that our lips almost touched, looked into my eyes (from that close range i felt dizzy looking into her dark deep and dangerous eyes) and then she said it ...HABIBI.!!

I was still trying to process the mind fuck she was doing when she turned over and got off the bed. I really want to cry right now.

-nooooooo ....

-what? She said looking at my reflection on the mirror where she stood up trying to fix her now messy hair and went on saying

-bad bad girl, look what you have done

-my apologies my queen.

Our eyes met through our reflections, she smiled and i couldn't help it,  the 7 letters expression that was abolished from my dictionary slipped off my lips.

- i love you Sofia...

I am sure by now you have noticed the pattern of her behavior, the more straight forward you go towards her the more introverted she gets and it wouldn't be long before she run off, And that is exactly what she did. Suddenly she had a flight, and she really has to go and she'll call me she said as she smacked my cheek and left my body crumbled behind her on my now empty cold bed.