"Apparently, think of it as U.A showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event," he answered. "Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be canceled because of a few villains."

"But," Mineta asked. "that's a good reason, isn't it? It's just a festival of sports."

"Mineta, you've never seen the U.A. sports festival?" Izuku questions the short male in curiosity.

"Of course I have! That's not what I meant!"

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events," Mr. Aizawa continued. "In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know, with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the U.A. sports festival!"

"Of course, all the top heroes around the country will be watching," Yaoyorozu began. "For scouting purposes."

"I know."

"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick." Kaminari threw a thumbs up at Jirou.

"A lot of people miss their chance to become independent after that and become eternal sidekicks, though, " Jirou added and turned to Kaminari. "Kaminari, I feel like you'd be one of them. Since you're dumb."

(Y/n) laughed at the downright insult, her amusement added by Kaminari's insulted face.

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. One chance a year, a total of just three chances. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off in your preparations!"

"Yes, sir!" Everyone responded, determination written on their faces for the upcoming event.

"Homeroom is dismissed."

Lunchtime***

"Yes! I'm so pumped about this! I can't wait to finally do some real sports!" (Y/n) punched the air excitedly as she walked alongside Shouto towards the cafeteria.

"I still can't understand how you love sports this much. Looking at you someone might take you as the opposite," Shouto commented, briefly glancing at the excited girl.

"Isn't that a good thing? That moment when people underestimate you only to be surprised when you show them how good you are?!" (Y/n) clapped her hands, her grin widening as she imagined all the shocked faces of her classmates when she wins.

Shouto hummed in response, his face as expressionless as ever.

(Y/n) sighed as she laced her fingers with his and started swinging both their hands to and fro happily. "Wasn't it just yesterday we were in middle school doing all those normal sports without the help of our Quirks and only teachers and schoolmates watching us? Time flies so fast, right?"

"Yes, it does. Besides, I have to get you in shape before that. You've been slacking off," Shouto suggested, paying the girl a quick side glance.

How did he know I've missed my morning runs this whole week?! Is he stalking me?! "Huh?" (Y/n) gasped as she turned to look at the boy with an offended expression. "I've not been slacking off!"

"And you also need to cut down on eating too much (fave food)," Shouto added, as he pulled the girl closer to his side to prevent her from bumping into an oncoming student.

(Y/n) gasped in horror at his words, knowing how serious he was. "You wouldn't."

Shouto looked at the girl, his face still void of emotions but his eyes very soft and gentle as he looked into hers. "It's for your own good."

"It'S fOr YoUr OwN gOoD," the (h/c)-haired female pouted and scoffed, turning her head to the side to avoid looking at Shouto. The dual-haired male briefly smiled lightly at her childish sulking and squeezed her hand to show care.

The female was one of the very few people who could see the gentle side of him that was rarely seen. She knew everything there was to him and vice versa and they brought out the best of each other apart from being polar opposites.

(Y/n) was an over cherry, ever excited, over-enthusiastic girl, whose personality would take a drastic turn whenever she got angry. In fact, her rage would be compared to that of Katsuki's, if not more. On the other hand, Shouto was cool-headed, his face always holding on to a cold mask as he always managed to keep his emotions in check unless provoked. Even though he was an ice prince inwards and out, anyone could see how all that would melt whenever he was looking at (Y/n).

One could say, love does that someone.

And instead of their personalities clashing, it actually kept them at a balance.

It wasn't a wonder as to why the whole class secretly voted them as the best couple of class 1-A. And to everyone, including them, it seemed that nothing would ever come to part them.

But...

Things are not what they appear.

***