Chapter Eighty-eight

This is kind of a filler chapter, to be honest with you all. But, hey, it is cute…I think so, at least.

Harry’s POV

We’re doing this. We are actually doing this.

As much as I don’t want to jinx it, I can’t help but be happy about it.

Happy isn’t even a good word for this feeling; it’s definitely an understatement.

Taking things slower is helping a lot, I think.

From what I can tell, I’m pretty sure Gabby would agree with me one hundred percent if I had brought it up to her in conversation.

Looking back on everything that’s happened in the past year and a half, I really wish we could have figured this part out much, much sooner than now.

However, I’m honestly just grateful for the fact that we’re together, she’s happy, I’m happy because she’s happy, and things are working out for once.

The scenarios having to do with Zayn and Brittany were pushed far into the back of my mind already and it’s only been a week or so since those things occurred.

At the time they seemed to be the end of the world – like nothing would ever be the same between us – and that scared me.

Even the slightest thought on the topic of not being with Gabby anymore felt like what I would imagine a stab in my chest to feel almost – if not completely – identical to.

Gabby is everything to me. She’s my world, my heart, and my soul… She is my saving grace.

Without her I am nothing. Without her I’d be useless, completely and utterly useless. Not only useless to myself, but useless also to the whole world and everyone who roams it.

I’d be taking up needed space, breathing in the necessary oxygen for survival – the thing I would not want to be capable of anymore at that point.

I would not want to survive, only to die and hope that Heaven is real. If Heaven is real, I could be with her forever and that’s all that I want out of life now.

“Babe, you okay?” Gabby asked as she sat down at the other end of the sofa with freshly popped kettle corn in a bowl on her lap.

“Yeah, but I’d be a lot better if you weren’t so far away,” I replied with a pout held on my lips.

She shook her head, smiling, and crawled over next to me.

“Better?”

“Yep, much better… You were hogging all the kettle corn.”

With that said, I lifted the bowl out of her lap, putting it on my own and hugging it close to me.

I knew she was trying her hardest not to laugh, but she failed miserably and then tried to steal the bowl back.

“No, no, no, no, no. My bowl, mine.”

She laughed again, “Harry stop being so weird and let me have the kettle corn, you butt.”

“Nope. You called me a butt.”

“Okay, whatever five year old.”

“Well now that just makes you…three?”

“Hush and share or I’ll go upstairs and you can watch the movie alone.”

A pout took over my expression as I set the bowl down in the middle of the coffee table that was in front of us.

“See? It isn’t so hard now, is it?”

“Yes, mum,” I responded along with a roll of my eyes and a drawn out, dramatic sigh.

Without a word – or even looking in my direction – she got up and started to walk away.

“Baaaabbbbyyyy,” I whined, snaking my arms around her waist and pulling her onto my lap.

Her arms were crossed over her chest and she refused to look at me, but she wasn’t struggling to get out of my hold either, she was just sitting there completely still, acting stubborn.

I went with my first instinct and began to kiss under her ear and down her neck. However, it was proven to no avail when she didn’t react even the slightest bit to my actions.

“I’m sorry, baby, I was only teasing…” I explained, hoping she would understand.

A wide smile curved her lips, confusing me due to her most recent [and previous] actions.

“You’re so gullible, Harry,” she laughed softly.

“Hey, that’s not funny…”

“It actually was pretty funny.”

“You know I don’t want you to be mad at me, it was mean.”

“Sorry, I was just acting like a three year old since that’s apparently my age now.”

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head and smiling.

“You're such a dork.”

Anyone wanna be amazing and check out my story "Starlight" on my profile? The cover picture is on the side (if you're on your laptop/computer). It's a Harry Styles fan fiction [again] and I'm really excited for it because it's a very unique idea I came up with, if you ask me. But I want your opinions on whether or not I should continue with writing it! c: xx.