Mr. Popular and I (Single)

Title: Mr. Popular and I
Author: thefreakoffreaks
Status: Incomplete

Blurb
People like Lea Wilson and people like River Parker do not mix. It’s a rule of society, that popular kids and outsiders just don’t hang out. So what if those exact two people end up doing exactly that, hanging out with each other? Not only at school, but also, at home.
After Lea’s house falls apart due to a house-mite attack, the Wilson’s are invited to stay at an old family friend’s mansion of a “house”. What makes the perfect solution slightly worse is that none other than River Parker is the son of the “old family friend”. Fate really was playing its best cards.
Suddenly, the sarcastic nerd and the egotistical sex-God are living, literally, under the same roof. A strange, but not unpleasant series of events flood the two and consequently, they grow closer, and closer, and closer, until…you’ll have to find that out for yourself. But it's pretty obvious.
Follow Lea through her adventures. Watch as she falls in love, has her heart broken, and learns that there is more to life than she could ever have imagined. I guess, she owes a big, fat thank you to the house-mites for turning her life around.

My Review
I absolutely adored this book. Well, adore, I suppose, since it's currently incomplete. Like many others will and did, I thought the idea for this was more than a little cliché. The nerd and the popular guy? I was highly doubtful that any book based on that would turn out to be a good read, but by God, was I wrong.
A big, fat thank you is in order. Thank you, thefreakoffreaks, for sharing this absolutely amazing story with us! I, like many other of your fans, hope you haven't given up on the story. It would be such a shame! :(
So, anyway, as you can see, the blurb is definitely a bit longer than most blurbs you'd find. Sometimes, there isn't a blurb, at all. But a long blurb doesn't mean a bad blurb, even if there are "indirect" spoilers. Which, in this case, there really aren't.
The relationship between the two main characters, Lea and River, definitely progresses very noticeably. I think it's just absolutely amazing how well their relationship and where they stand at that moment is portrayed. The way thefreakoffreaks wrote out the story, and showed every relationship and every conversation throughout the story, was just absolutely and utterly perfect. In every way.
As of right now, MPAI is incomplete. But as she said on her most recent author's note, no, she is not giving up on the story. Which is very reassuring. But I seriously, seriously recommend this to anyone who loves the deep, yet light and teasing relationships. Their relationship isn't a hate-love one, it's more of an in-love-but-not-knowing one, if you know what I mean.
MPAI is a book that I've read and read over and over again. I think I'm on my 10th re-read of the whole book. It's a reasonably long story, which is good, and even if the relationship between Lea and River advances a little slowly, wait it out. It's worth it.
If you like the regular Teen Fiction novel this is the book for you. If you like light romances this is the book for you. If you like cute, popular guys with deep pasts, this is the book for you. If you like shy, pretty nerds this is the book for you. If you like correct grammar this is the book for you. If you like nerds getting with popular guys this is the book for you. If you like long, deep and emotional, humour-filled, adventure-packed, romantic novels then this is definitely the book for you.
I absolutely loved it, and I would say it's absolutely, 100 percent, worth the wait. If you've read it, shout-out in the comments below and tell me, and others, what you thought of it! (So far, at least.) Hate it? Strongly dislike it? Dislike it? Not too sure about it? Neutral towards it? Leaning towards liking it? Like it? Strongly like it? Love it?
For me, it's definitely the last one. I cannot stress how much I absolutely loved the story. It's brilliant and thefreakoffreaks has turned the tables on the term "cliché" and has created something that will always stay her own.

<3 Jess