14

Phoenix

I slowly moved Beast Boy's head from my lap and onto the hard, cold ground. I got up from the ground and lifted my hand. A black platform formed under Beast Boy's body. It took him father away from me and Slade. An blue electric current fly by me. I dodged the electric current caught my cloak making a tear in it. I examined my cloak seeing the damage as a low growl escaped my lips.

"And this is my favorite cloak!" I growled as I threw black fire at Slade.

"No worries my future apprentice you will have a better cloak than that pathetic one you got on," Slade replied dodging my black fire.

I growled again sinking into the hard concrete ground of the warehouse. Sensing that Slade was looking at where I'm going to come out at. I slowly rise up behind Slade. He was still looking in front of him of where I could be. Once I was out of the concrete ground, I had black fire in my hand. I threw it at Slade's back and knocked him down off the platform.

"You've been taught well my future apprentice," Slade said as he slowly got up from the ground.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID BEFORE??? I WONT BE YOUR APPRENTICE!!!!!" I shouted making the disembodied robot body parts float up in the air flying over to Slade. Slade dodged every piece of body parts I could send out.

"YOU'LL BE MY APPRENTICE EVEN IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" Slade yelled at me as he zapped me.

I fell down at the hard ground feeling extremely weak after that one little attack.

Slade

I walked up to the weak Phoenix knowing I won me a new apprentice. I got the electric remote out again ready to zap Phoenix again until I felt a big rock knocking me off to the side. Landing hard back on the ground rolling until I stopped to glare at Raven and Beast Boy. Moving my eyes around, I see Robin, Starfire, and Cyborg regaining their energy.

"You are not going to attack my little sister and think it's gonna be okay when it's not!" Raven demanded with pure anger coming of her mouth.

"You remaining Teen Titans won't interfere with me and my future apprentice," I replied slowly standing on my feet.

"She won't be your apprentice and especially not on my watch!" Robin said sternly as he got his metal staff out of his utility belt.

"We will protect Phoenix by any means necessary!" Cyborg spoke strongly.

"So if you want Friend Phoenix then you have to go through the Teen Titans!" Starfire said with her green star bolts in her hands as she was levitating over the ground.

"I guess I have go through you guys and take you guys down!" I said running up to the Titans.

I fought the Titans, one by one, they laying out their best attack. I was dodging them but something felt funny, really funny. Then I noticed that I didn't fight Beast Boy. My eyes searched around and I see Beast Boy transforming into a Pterodactyl carrying the unconscious Phoenix away from the battle. I got something for those Titans later on tonight.

Beast Boy

Me and the Titans came up with a quick plan to take Phoenix out of this warehouse and into the Titans Tower. I quickly transform into a Pterodactyl and made a whole in the building, flying away from the battle. I couldn't protect Phoenix because I was so mad at her for playing with my feelings. I was so distracted that I almost lost my friends, myself, and even Phoenix.

My eyes caught sight of the Titans Tower and I had relief, that we are safe. But I couldn't possibly say the same for my friends. Gently putting Phoenix on the ground as she was still unconscious, once I was on the ground I transformed back to myself. Picking up Phoenix and taking her inside the Tower. I was rushing to take Phoenix to our medical room of the Tower.

Then I started to question myself. What did Slade do to make her unconscious for this long while I was out?

50 minutes later

I sat next to the still unconscious Phoenix on the medical bed as the heart monitor machine was beeping. My friends haven't came back yet from the fight with Slade. I was really getting worried, I really wanted to go out and look for them but what if Slade comes while I was out looking for my friends. Suddenly I heard a small thud from the hallway of the Tower causing me to stand up alarmed. Then my green eyes caught sight of short bobbed violet hair. Their clothes was ripped showing patches of their pale gray skin. The unknown person lifted their head up and I realized it was Raven.

"Rae what happen to the others and are you okay?" I question with worry.

"The others are inside the Tower and they are in the same conditions as me but how is Phoenix?" Raven replied with worry as she slowly walk towards the medical bed where Phoenix was laying in.

"She's fine but she haven't woken up since we got here,"

"I wonder what did Slade do to make Phoenix unconscious for this long?"

"I don't know but what I do know is that Slade is going down hard for this!"

"And I will help you for that but you can go to your room to rest I'll take over from here,"

"Okay but if you need anything I'll be there for you,"

Later on tonight: Robin

Its 1:30 in the morning, and I've been searching for answers to Slade's moves and why all of a sudden he wants Phoenix. My eyes grew tired and my body felt like it was willing to lay out on this floor and sleep. I got out of my investigation chair, leaving those stacks of police papers on the desk. Tiredly my feet walked mindlessly to my bed, landing face first in the sheets. Once my head hit the soft and comfy pillows my eyes closed and I was quickly sent to dream land.

4:25 a.m.

I was under the warm covers as I was still sleeping in peace. Then I felt a huge wave of cold air entering my room. Wrapping the covers around me tightly hoping the warmth of covers can come back. The warmth came back but I felt someone staring at me. The stare started off mild but after a while it intense.

That caused me to wake up from my sleep but I stood in my sleeping position I was in. I tried to make my breathing sound like I was still asleep.

"You can stop pretending like you are sleep when you and I both know you are not asleep," the female voice said calmly.

"Who are you and why are you in my room?" I asked as I turned my lamp light but the darkness still remained in my room but the light showed the body of the girl. She had the clothing of Phoenix. Her eyes were red in the darkness.

"Did my voice change that much since I last spoke to you?" The girl said as she stepped out of the darkness and it was Phoenix as her eyes was to its normal color.

"Phoenix what are you doing in my room in this late at night? Do Raven knows that you are up?"

"No she doesn't and we are going to keep it that way. But to answer your question I was just wondering why don't you join Slade's side?"

"Phoenix what kind of question are you asking, I will never join Slade's side?"

"Are you sure about that because I can change your mind that quick!"

Before I could retaliate against Phoenix, she waved her hand. I suddenly grew sleepy again. But the last thing I saw was a evil grin on her face. Phoenix eyes turned back to that red color.