0 4

- 0 4 -

Standing on the dry and barren fields of Dexter, Alpha Axel McGuire stood at the head of his pack, gazing off into the distance. 

After a while, the werewolf leader closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh air around him, which was soon going to lose its freshness and reek of stale blood and sweat. He thought back to all the events from the past month that had led them to stand there at the present moment, events which could've been avoided had they not... 

Snapping his eyes open, he turned around to look back at his pack members. Their faces held the expression of bravery and resolve, a determined and fearless look that screamed that they were ready to take on anything, everything that had caused them the pain and hurt and all the sufferings. 

"Shadow Moon pack," He spoke with determination and hardness in his voice.

"It has been a time of sorrow and hurt for many of us, as we have lost our dear and loved ones to those hellish demons! We went through one of the most painful times over the past month, where those Demons mercilessly killed our pack members, our family members and threw them away like some rag."

"Do they think we are weak and can't fight back? Tell me, are we weak?"

"No!"

"Will we fight back?"

"Yes!"

"Will we give them a hard time!"

"Yes!"

"Louder!"

"YES!"

"This is the war we declared on them, to avenge our dear one's death and, also to get a message to all the races out there that if they touch our loved ones, they will not live to see the next day. Am I right?"

"Yes!"

"So fight! And don't be afraid! Even if you are, then take it as a sign that you are doing something brave here! Shadow Moon Pack!"

Everyone howled in assertion and turned to look at the enemies on the other side of the field. He looked at them much hatred running through his veins.

You'd wanted a war? He thought, with fire blazing in his eyes.

Fine, we'll give you one.

"Attack!"

• ° • ° •

The battle was fierce. Brutal. Bloody. But not satisfying.

Sedaine Adriel thought as she yet again slashed the throat of a mundane werewolf, not enough to kill but deep enough to render it unconscious. 

It was red everywhere, with corpses and unconscious wolves or demons lying around on the battlefield. As she looked at up at the dark sky illuminated by the single whitish globe at the centre, she realised it was the zenith of the night. And she didn't know how long this war was going to last. 

It wouldn't have ended up this far, the she-demon thought, if it wasn't for him

If it wasn't for his betrayal to his own pack and turning the blame onto us.

If it wasn't for his deeds that no one from the Demonkind was ready to forgive.

Just the simple thought of him was enough for her to release an animalistic growl, as she continued to fight the onslaught of werewolves efficiently.

She was in the midst of fighting a female warrior wolf, who was presently trying to get hold of Sedaine's throat, when a sweet, and familiar scent hit her nostrils. 

Gotcha!

Smirking, she quickly knocked the wolf out and started walking and following the direction of the scent. And her smirk only grew wider when, just a few feet away, was her target fighting off one of her comrades. 

"Beta Asher!" She exclaimed in low, soft voice with a hint of threat in her tone. And, just hearing her voice made Beta Asher, who was fighting a demon, come to a complete standstill. The demon he was fighting just smirked at the person behind him and moved on to attack someone else. Slowly, he turned around and came face to face with the owner of the eerie voice, who was yet another one of the demons. But she apparently knew him. How...

"H-How do you kn-now my n-name?" For some reason, his question came out in a rather shaky voice, as he himself was trembling with fear. 

"Oh, well... You've become quite famous amongst our kind over the past few days..." She trailed off, starting to walk in his direction. Her dark, silky black hair was whipping wildly around her calm yet scary, and her eyes glowed red, making him retreat a few steps back.

"F-f-famous?" He stammered yet again, continuing to retreat as she kept advancing towards him with inhuman hunger in her eyes. Like he was the prey and she would pounce on him at any given moment. 

"Oh, yes. Very famous!" She took one huge step to cover the distance between them, making him shriek and retreat back further, only for him to lose his footing and stumble to the hard ground. 

"H-how?" He asked, now pushing his body backward on the ground and trying to get as away from me as possible.

"Oh, you didn't know? You just won such a huge award recently!" Her voice dripped full of sarcasm, as she released a demonic snarl.

"A-award?" He squeaked, continuing to move backward, not realizing it was now a lost cause.

"Yes! Award!" She said, sarcasm still evident in her voice. "The lifetime achievement award for being one of the greatest betrayers and liars of all times!"

His eyes widened in realisation, as he scrambled himself away from her now almost in a quicker pace. 

"What happened, Beta Asher? Surprised as to how I know? Or, how we all know?" She asked him in a sickly sweet voice, already sensing his fear and dread. Any amount of sarcasm left her face, leaving it completely cold and scary.

"You bloody fool! How could you kill your own people, and our kind and put the blame oh-so-blatantly on us? What the hell do you take us for, huh?" She asked in a threatening voice, seeing him gulp dryly in fear.

"How do you think we became one of the most powerful races in the entire history of the supernatural kind, huh? Did you just think, that you could simply just walk away after so blatantly killing of our own kind and putting the blame on us?"

"You will pay for killing our dear ones. And also for betraying your own kind!"

By that point, Sedaine had had enough. She lost all her cool composure, charging at him with blinding rage. His eyes were shut tight in fear, his face facing the ground as he embraced his oncoming fate. But just then, they heard an animalistic growl from behind. And before she knew it, someone had pounced on her from behind, catching her completely off-guard this one time. 

She bumped hard into the ground, knocking her head against something hard as pain shot through her skull. She released a cry of pain and turned to look at the person with raging eyes who had dared to jump at her from behind when she wasn't paying attention. And her breath just about got caught in her throat, when her searing red eyes met the obsidian black ones. It felt like the time had just stopped around them, as they continued to gaze into each other's eyes in shock, delight, fear and several other unnamed emotions swirling through the depths of them. 

Soulmate.

And, at that exact moment, both Alpha Axel and Sedaine knew that soon it will be the beginning of something forbidden, completely unacceptable in the entire history of their kind. And with no such luck, Sedaine realised, that shit just got real.

BookCulbHere