team tens terror

Shikamaru pov-

I walked back into the village with my team with only one thing on my mind, how will I tell Kurenai? She's pregnant and has lost the father to her child I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to lose the father of your child, but Asuma was my sensei and as shinobi we spend more time with our senseis then our actual fathers. Asuma was a father figure to me, I just miss him so much.

"Ino?" I muttered deciding it would be best to ask advice from a girl as choji would probably say something like 'take her food'.

She looked in my direction as a way to ask what I wanted.

"Ho-how do I tell Kurenai?" I asked while staring at the ground.

"I'm not sure...just do it carefully" she muttered before disappearing. She wasn't all that much help but I guess she's just as clueless and broken as I am right now.

Kurenai pov

I'm around a month pregnant and I really can't wait to have this child! Me and Asuma are starting a family and I couldn't be happier!

Earlier today I found a small black box mixed in with Asumas socks, me being nosy I decided to open it and I found a beautiful engagement ring. When I saw it I squealed in excitement, he's going to propose to me!!!

But obviously Asuma cant know I found it so I put it back where I found it

But obviously Asuma cant know I found it so I put it back where I found it. I'm really excited though and I already know my answer will be yes.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, I rushed over thinking it was Asuma but when I opened it I came face to face with Asuma's favorite student, shikamaru. Shikamaru looked sad and like he was going to cry any second, I wonder what's wrong...

"Hello shikamaru what's wrong?" I asked in a motherly way.

"Ca-can I come in?" He asked on the verge of tears, I nodded before moving from the doorway to let him in.

"Do you want any tea?" I asked politely.

"No thanks" he muttered.

"Shikamaru what's wrong? I've never seen you this sad" I stated/asked.

"Kurenai... On the mission something happened..." He began and I suddenly got a pit in my stomach.

"We were fighting the akatsuki... But they were to strong... Asuma..."

"Is he okay is? he In hospital? What room? Can he have visitors?" I bombarded him with questions cutting him of.

He rested a hand on my shoulder comfortingly before he continued.

"Kurenai... Asuma... Asuma was k-killed in battle" he said tears now falling from both of our eyes. I fell onto my knees and started sobbing.

He can't be gone... Its impossible... We're ment to grow old together, get married and raise children... H-he can't be gone.

Shikamaru then opened my hand and placed Asuma lighter in it but I shook my head and gave him a weak smile before putting it back in his hand.

"He'd want you to have it"

He nodded before telling me he had to leave to fill out a mission report.

My child will never get to meet his or her father because of this shinobi world...

If everyone cared,
And nobody cried,
If everyone loved,
And no one lied,
If we all shared,
And swallowed our pride,
We'd see the day
That no one died.