CHAPTER 18

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

He arrived in the office at exactly 2PM. Pagkadating na pagkadating nya, sinalubong na agad sya ng mga tanong ni Anika.

"Noreen told me napaaway ka? What is it this time Ed? I thought we've talked about this?"

"Anika please, stop bombarding me with questions!" He said irritably as he went to his seat. "It is not what you think it is okay? It was merely a chitchat with some crazy woman."

"A woman?" She asked skeptically. "Hmmmn...interesting. Can you tell me more about it?" Her voice softens.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you're so nosy. So I won't tell you anything."

She narrowed her eyes on him. "Edward! I'm your sister, I am supposed to know what's going on with your life."

"Uh-huh...but doesn't include my personal life. So it is still a no."

"Please?!" She said with pleading voice.

"You already interrogated my secretary, bakit hindi mo pa tinanong lahat?" He taunted.

"I've done that, unfortunately, they were in the car and can't hear a thing. Please...I'm just curious li'l bro."

"Curiousity killed the cat! So it is still a no!"

"Okay, if you tell me what happen, I'll stop setting you up with random women. I'll leave you alone with your personal life...it's a promise. So, please?"

His eyebrow furrowed. "Do you mean it?"

She nodded in response. "Yes, I freaking mean it."

"Okay." He let out a subtle sigh. Alam naman nyang hindi sya titigilan ng kapatid hangga't hindi ito nagkukwento. "Joey didn't noticed the red light kaya muntik na naming masagasaan yung babae. So, I stepped out of the car to help her but she's very strong-willed, so instead of accepting my help, minasama pa nya. To cut the story short, I gave her a taste of her own medicine."

"Edward, you know I don't want the short version. Can you please elaborate?"

"I hate elaborating things Anika. So, deal with it."

"Ugh! You're such a killjoy!" She fussed. "Was she beautiful?"

"No. She's...ah basta hindi sya maganda. Now leave me in peace!"

"You're very secretive! Sabi ni Noreen, she's maganda except the dress."

"Alam mo naman na pala, bakit mo pa ko tatanungin?!" inis na turan nito.

"So she's maganda nga?"

"Anika, please stop bugging me!"

"Why can't you answer it? It's only a yes or no." She continued teasing him.

"No!"

"You're lying..."

"Tinatanong mo ko tapos hindi ka maniniwala!"

"Because I know you're lying." She said persistently.

"Ugh! Oo na sige na, maganda sya. Pero masyadong matapang at mataray. Okay na, satisfied kana sa sagot ko?!" He said sarcastically.

"Haha...seems like you've met your match! Di ba ganun ka din naman? Strong-willed and masungit!"

"What happen to not setting me up with someone? Nagsisimula kana naman."