Chapter 47: Search Warrant

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I smiled at her. She shifted to face me. I noticed that she's already done eating. Her coffee mug was half empty. "I never sleep in," I said as I shifted my eyes to the food laid on the table then fill my plate.

"That's why I let you sleep," Angel replied.

I didn't want to argue with her, especially in front of her cousin. And I don't want to start my day arguing with my love.

I just gave her a smile, then started eating. Only the sound of the utensils that can be heard in the room.

After a while, Angel spoke. "Who's running now the flower shop?" she asked. She suddenly looked frantic.

With all the things that happened to her, I completely forgot about the shop, and to be honest, I don't really give a shit about it, but I'm not going to tell her that.

"I'm sure Cindy is there to look after it. And a few of my men come to check on it," I lifted my shoulders into a shrug, then continued eating. My men knew their job on my absence that's why they are still working with me, rather us.

I looked up and met Tristan's eyes. He nodded his head, confirming something and I nod my head back discreetly. I shifted my gaze at Angel, she's looking out the window, smiling.

"You promised to take me on a date if you come back, supposedly last night," Angel said as she stared out the window. "I'd like to see the vineyard," she said enthusiastically, turning her head to me and gave me a pleading look.

I drifted my eyes at Tristan. Our eyes talked. "I think that's a good idea, Isaias. My cousin needs some air," Tristan's eyebrows bobbed up and down, his eyes sending me a message.

Tristan knew more than I know here in Rome. Sicily is my territory, Rome is Leone's and Tristan. He already had agreed to my plan and his suggestions were better than mine, and as much as I don't want anyone to rule out this plan, but Tristan's idea was way less dangerous than mine.

"Maybe we could go on a picnic," Angel added enthusiastically, and I looked at her and nodded my head. I need to take her somewhere while Tristan will work on his connections. My men are just standing by, waiting for orders.

I'll bring her back after lunch or later. "We should be back after lunch," I said as I nod at Tristan and he just bobbed his head once in approval. "What time is it?" I asked dragging my eyes back at Angel.

"I think about ten," she responded.

Tristan got up and he seemed to have recovered a little bit now, but was too fast. She hastily got up and was about to help him. I instinctively rose from my seat, the legs of the chair screeched as I accidentally pushed it backward.

"I'm fine, Rose," Tristan reassured his cousin, and Angel stared at him intently.

Tristan rolled his eyes. "I'll be fine." He bit out, his tone was hard and stubborn. "Vito is on his way here. So as Leone," Tristan growled, and then without waiting for my Angel to respond, he strode off.

Angel huffed as she took the chair she vacated and plopped down. "Argh, he's so stubborn!" she grumbled ferociously and took the mug and had a sip.

I grinned. I don't know why am I so happy.

"Don't be upset. Tristan is right. He's fine. That is not the first time he got shot, you'll have to remember that. It takes a lot to bring a devil down," I gave her a smile and she chuckled.

She looked rather ravishing this morning. She's wearing tight gray leggings that looked like a second skin showing the curves of her legs, and a green tank top that hugged her upper body.