Fantasies Sometimes Come True-chp 2

Chapter 2-

~3 years later~

A lot has changed since then. I was in 5th grade, 11 years old, in love with Taylor. Now I'm in the 8th grade, 13 years old, and part of my heart still longs for him. I was clumsily thrown into the 6th grade, scared and vulnerable, heart still fresh with marks left by Taylor. I wasn't looking for love at all. Just some friends to keep me grounded. I had found some good ones too.

My best friends are Angelica, Ari, Janie and Melanie. Angelica, preferred to be called Angie, is my destined best friend for life. We consider ourselves twins even though we don't look much alike. Angie has brown-black wavy hair with bangs that always holds an unattainable shine. She has deep dark brown eyes that matched with her oval face. Her skin tone has a light tan and she's slim and a little taller than me.

However, I have light brown, straight hair with side bangs that frame my tan face well. My eyes are also a creamy light brown. I'm not that appreciative of my eyes, I've always marveled at how brilliant Ari's eyes are instead. Ari has jet black straight hair, even though she just claims it's a really, really dark brown. She has an ivory skin tone and amazing green eyes. But the color of her green isn't a dull light green it's a dark green that makes her stand out. It's a stunning combination, black hair, green eyes.

Liz, one of my other friends, has brown hair that she straightens every day. She claims that her hair won't burn off, and maybe it won't but I wouldn't take the risk. She has side swept bangs that she straightens as well. She also has bright hazel eyes that make her always look happy. The color kind of reminds me of what the sun would look like if it had a tan. She's really pale and everyone always jokes that she could definitely pull off a vampire for Halloween.

Melanie is the shortest of the group with short straight hair down to her shoulders. The color of her hair is two shades lighter than a grizzly bear's. She's also tan and has just plain brown eyes. But she doesn't seem to care, and if she does she never complains about it.

Janie has dark brown hair that is so curly it curls up to about an inch above her shoulders. Janie has brown eyes like Melanie's but doesn't complain either. But her eyes have tiny specks of gold in them so their a little more defined than Melanie's. I met my friends all at different times, Angie being the first and Liz being the last. They're not my only friends, but they're definitely my closest.

The school I attend, Rockwood Central, isn't the best school, but it's fair. One year when a kid took a gun onto school grounds, the school was rated a C. But other than that, for as long as it's been standing it's been rated a B.

"Demi, uh, our stop," Benji informed me. I blinked and looked around. Whoa, some trance. We were at school already and Benji had driven me and Jamie here. Benji is a sophomore so he has his own car. It's a dark gray Honda Civic Si Concept 2005. Everybody else at Benji's age has a really crappy car, passed down from their parents, or their grandparents, or their great grandparents or-Well, you pretty much get the idea.

There's only one other person who has a good car and that's Stella Benclear. Makes sense though, she's rich and popular, good looking, and a cheerleader. And her parents just had to buy their sweet little girl a Mini Cooper. Which she painted pink. I don't know how Benji can stand to have Stella as a girlfriend. She's an annoying, spoiled brat.

I open the car's door and step out, feeling the wintry cool air hit my face. Buses crowded around the parking lot, packed closely together like items on shelves at the supermarket. I quickly flipped open my phone to check the time. Its 8:45, but school starts at 9:05. I waved good-bye to Benji and Jamie and started over to my group of friends. Benji headed over to Stella and Jamie walked over to the cross guard.