Chapter Nine

Kazuichi squeezed his eyes tight, knowing what would come next. He thought about how they would laugh at him, insult him and call him hideous, disgusting, unbearable, which was true.

He heard the other two gasp in shock and surprise, looking at his scarred, malnourished body.

Gundham looked at his friends body in horror, what sort of vile demon could have done this?!

Scars and bruises of all shapes and sizes littered Kazuichi's body, they could see how his ribs poked out and even see an imprint of his hip bone at the edge of the blanket, but that wasn't all.
All along his arms, there were more cuts, but these ones more orderly, straight...

Gundham felt sick.

Sonia was horrified.

And Souda was scared and insecure.

"Kazuichi.." Gundham began, swallowing the thick lump in his throat, "The wounds on your arm...please tell me they aren't.."

Souda looked down at himself in shame and felt tears gathering in his eyes, quickly covering his body with the blanket once more.
"I'm sorry I let you see that..." he replied, leaving the other question unanswered intentionally.

Sonia gently placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to ignore his flinch as soon as she touched him, "It's okay now, we are here for you now!" She said optimistically, hoping to cheer her friend up.

"It's okay guys, really, you don't need to worry..."

Gundham cocked an eyebrow up at Souda's speech patterns, he had only noticed then, but didn't Kazuichi usually have an accent? How many of his actions were part of his act?

It was barely a moment later when a nurse came in, telling them that they would need to go, as visiting hours were over for the day.
Sonia gave Kazuichi a weary glance, not wanting to leave their friend in such a crucial time.

"Don't worry, it was only a minor concussion, we are just going to keep him over night, just in case!" The nurse said to her, slowly ushering them out of the room, they gave one last glance as t Kazuichi, who gave a small wave in return, before he layed back down on his bed.

Gundham and Sonia parted ways once they left the hospital, deciding to meet back there the next day, after school.

-----Next Day----

Gundham awoke with a roar that would only match a lions, meaning he woke up and yawned like any other normal child would. As he got out of his bed, he started getting ready for the day ahead of him, finishing his outfit with his large purple scarf wrapping around his neck, with his four dark devas of destruction, snuggled deep within the dark pockets of darkness inside the scarf.

After consuming his breakfast, hand crafted by his mother, which tasted terrble, along with everything else she cooked. He bidded his guardian a farewell and began his short walk to the school, which was nothing compared to his friends, Souda Kazuichi's, walking distance to Hopes Peak Academy.

It had been an eventful day, Gundham thought, the day before, they had realised that their usually carefree friend had been nothing like they thought he had been, putting up a front, convincing everyone with his 'confidence.' Gundham couldn't even imagine what he could have gone through, had gone through.

He decided then that he would visit his pink friend as soon as he could, but it wasn't like he could just ditch school, he knew what his teacher, Chisa Yukizome, would do to him, he shuddered at the thought.

So, Gundham endured a whole day at school, ignoring the questions about his friend's absence from other pupils, refusing to say anything without the person in questions opinion. Gundham doubted Souda would want everyone knowing about his personal life.

------------------------
A/N:  Ehem....just wanted to say.... I AM SO SO SORRY! MY PHONE BROKE, COLLEGE STARTED AND IVE BEEN SOOOOO BUSYYYYY!!!!! 😢😢😢😢 i am such a shitty person I know and i need to die! This chapter is what i had as a draft and it hasnt rlly been checked over so im sorry!!! :'( just wanted u guys to have something to read asap!!! So sorry you anazing, better than me people!