>>F O R T Y T H R E E<<

FORTY-THREE: Bikes and Bonding

Dedicated to: LiveFreeUndefined

Thank you for such a cute prompt!!

As summer was coming to an end, and the family was getting ready to be stuck on a tour bus again for the next few months, both hybrids stayed outside for most of the morning. 

Zayn polished his car, Harry tanned, and Niall played with Liam which included drawing circles on the driveway. 

Louis, however, went from kicking a ball around to blowing bubbles, "I bored." He complains, "Why don't you ride your bike?" Harry suggests pointing to the bicycle in the garage collecting dust instead of the hybrids interest. 

Louis gasps at the idea nodding happily, squeezing past Zayn, Louis grabs the handle bars, "Daddy help me." Louis begs, Liam glancing up with the chalk in his hand dangerously close to his mouth.

"Alright Lou Lou," Harry mumbles sliding the sunglasses off his nose and to resting on top of his head. Niall readies his camera with a grin, that is until Liam giggles locking eyes with his Baba that sees the blue on Liam's lips, "Liam! Give that here." The man growls taking away all the chalk in the hybrids reach, "I can't trust you for two seconds not to put crap in your mouth. Can I?" Liam pouts crossing his arms before Zayn stands to his full height, "Lee has a bike too, c'mon Bubba." Gesturing for the boy to come forward, Zayn smiles seeing Liam's grin return to his baby's face.

Shaking his head furiously, Louis cries again when Harry gives the bike a gentle push, "No! Da-daddy stop! No!"

"Louis enough! People are going to think we're murdering you or something." Harry scolds, Louis hangs his head with a whimper, "No go! I no do it!" Right as he declares that he won't be riding his bike willingly, Liam rolls past him on his tricycle. 

No. That did Not just happen. Liam was not about to be able to do something, Louis couldn't. 

Drying his eyes, he glances at Harry who's yet to let go of the bike Louis is sitting on. "I do it." Louis announces, he'd determined to reclaim the fame he has always managed to keep by being able to be the big boy and doing things first. 

Harry kisses his son's head as he gently grips the cushioned seat, "Alright baby, hold on tight and start to pedal your feet, okay?" Louis mindlessly nods, Harry giving a slight push as he walks next to Louis down the driveway. 

The next thing the hybrid knows is that his feet are moving, he's going faster, and where the hell did Harry go?!

"Go Lou Lou! You're doing it!" Harry cheers, the other two fathers joining in, Liam's stopped his own cruising to watch his older brother in awe, he was so cool! 

Grinning that he's once again perfect, Louis' glee drops to gloom when he runs out of driveway, onto road, into a tree.

"Go Lou-! Louis!" Harry shrieks running after his baby who's, of course, started screaming as if he was being murdered.

Scooping his hybrid into his arms, Harry shushes him with kisses soothing his tears. Niall takes Liam inside, Zayn strolling over, "You're alright big guy, I can't tell you how many times I fell off my bike." Louis sniffles raising his head, "Y-you fell off 'ya bike when you's was a kid?" Zayn nods clapping his hands to take the boy in his own arms, "Several times, Daddy and Baba fell too." Louis lays his head down, "W-why Lee no fall?" Zayn gives a sad smile walking over to the abandoned tricycle, "See how his has three wheels? Makes it almost impossible to tip over. This one used to be yours."

"B-baby bike?"

"Yeah, it's a baby bike." Harry agrees ruffling Louis' hair, "D-did Lee see me fall?" 

"Afraid so Bubba, but it's okay." Zayn assures, Louis shakes his head getting down, "I do it 'gain." The two parents smile proudly, Harry helping him on it this time with another kiss, "Are you ready?"

"Y-yea."

"Okay, when you get down to the end of the drive way turn the handrails, they'll move." Zayn informs, Louis nodding with a sigh, "I can do this!" He declares his eyebrows knitted together in concentration. 

Niall slips back outside with popsicles in his hand, Liam already sucking on a red one happily as he runs to Zayn's arms, "G-Go 'Wou 'Wou!" 

Hearing his little brother cheer him on makes Louis grin as he's being pushed lightly by Harry before his own feet are taking over by pedaling. The end of the driveway is in sight, turn the handrails. Twisting the handlebars, Louis squeals happily when the bike turns and Louis is headed back to his parents. 

He brakes before running over Liam who's jumping up and down happily, "I do it!" He gushes wrapping his arms around Liam who's begging for his attention, "Bu-bubba! Ba-bubba!" Liam squeaks offering his red lips puckered into a kiss, Louis giggles pecking Liam's lips, "Ew, you ta-taste like Cherry's Lee Lee." The parents laugh, Liam showing his popsicle that's slowly becoming more juice than ice, "Ba-ba a-and m-me's got o-one 'fur ya's!" Liam announces handing Louis the blue one knowing it's his favorite, "Thank you bubby." Louis muses kissing Liam again.

"We're proud of you Lou Lou." Louis grins glancing at the bike, "It was easy!" 

>>Short little cute chapter today in light of it being a rainy Holiday in America, hope you all have a wonderful day! Lots of Love! ~Emma :)