My Story *last A/N before new chapter*

Hi everyone! An update on the story: next chapter is under construction and on it's way soon. However, right now I really just wanted to tell you guys a little about myself. I realized I've never actually shared my story with you all.

My writing journey began on July 9, 2015, in the early hours of the morning, on a couch in Jersey City, New Jersey. My family and I were on vacation visiting New York and our view from our apartment is actually my screensaver. My dad took that picture one morning when he was getting ready for work, but that's not really relevant right now. I was 15 when I first published the prologue to From the Ashes. I never dreamed it would do as well as it is. In less that two days it had over 50 views; that was crazy exciting for me! I didn't think my story would matter to anyone but me. It felt good to know others took the time to at least read the prologue and give my book a chance. Now, a little over two years later I'm 17 almost 18 (in January) and still SLOWLY working on my book, which has 93k views!! Words can't express how much each one of the views and comments mean to me.

I've never really seen myself as a writer. I've always been the person in the family who is going to be a doctor or cure cancer or do some other spectacular thing with my life. Doing something that I made a lot of money at and made a name for myself. With that said, you readers are the only ones who know about this book, let alone have read it. My friends don't know I write and my family most definitely doesn't either. It's a total secret. It's been that way ever since that summer night in 2015. That's one of the reasons my updates take so long. I can't just write whenever I want to. I not only balance my school work and my job, but I have to find time when I'm alone or stay up late in the night to write when I know the rest of the house is asleep. My writing wouldn't be encouraged. I'm afraid it would be seen as a hindrance; something that distracted me from my very important school work.

Just earlier today my mom and I were talking about decorating my senior table. My theme is vintage and I want to incorporate my personal books as well as leather bound classics. I was looking on Pinterest, where all good ideas are found, for inspiration and possible decorations. While I was scrolling, I came across an antique typewriter. I went crazy, because that's always been something on my writing dream list. I showed her the picture and told her how that would fit so well with the theme of the table.

She told me that the typewriter didn't fit the theme. "It's a reading theme, mainly focused around books," she said. "A typewriter would only fit if you were a writer."

When she said that, I had to stop myself from laughing. If she only knew. I have no intention of telling my family about my writing anytime soon, but I do consider myself a writer. Maybe I'll tell them one day, if my book gets published or takes off. I may tell them one day.

So yeah, this is me. I'm a 17 year old high school senior/ college sophomore. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. My friends are almost none existent but I have a couple. And a couple good friends is all you really need, right? I am most definitely not an athlete. I am more of a movie person by far; most definitely a movie person! Then there's the obvious love for books!!

Yes, I'm being serious; every bit of what I wrote here is the truth. I'm just a small town girl with a secret or two and lots of stories to tell. You guys are the absolute best! This writing community is amazing!! I swear the next time you hear from me it will be a real update. Thank you for putting up with me and my crazy schedule, and I'm sorry I unloaded all this on you guys.

All my love,

Carolina West