Chapter 13 - Valicenti

"Mm, dare," he smiles widely.

"I dare you to do two shots back to back."

He waves his hand in a bitch please sort of way. Two shots later, it's his turn.

"Truth or dare?" he asks.

"Truth," I answer.

"What's your name?"

"Ooh, I don't know if I should tell you. You could be a serial killer," I say trying hard to be serious about it.

He laughs. "I've already seen your face. You're done either way now."

"Diana."

Something registers on his face, but passes almost as soon as it comes. "Pretty. Like you."

I smile and blush. I focus very intently on my thumbnail. I've never been very good at taking compliments, especially ones offered by attractive people of the opposite sex. I take a deep breath and meet his beautiful blue eyes with mine.

"Truth or dare, Mr. Black?"

"Truth," he says, stroking the very faint scruff on his jawline as if it were of Duck Dynasty status.

What was my list of things he could be? Right. Gay, married, taken, or sober. Let's see if I can't eliminate a few of those.

"I'm Facebook. Are you interested in men, women, or both?" I wiggle my eyebrows at the 'both'.

"Women. Do I really seem gay to you?" he laughs.

I shrug. "Never know these days."

"Well, Diana, truth or dare?" he asks, smirking again.

"Truth," I say.

"Hmm, okay, what is-" he starts.

A giant, hulking man approaches the table, towering over us both, even on a raised table. I truly think Hulk would be intimidated. "Mr. Black."

"Hey. Can I help you?" Mr. Black glances over at him and I think I see a hint of worry in his eyes. I wonder who the hell this guy is and why he makes him so scared.

"Yes. I came to talk to you about some financial things, but I don't need an audience," he announces pointedly.

I hop down from the stool as fast as I can and scurry to the bathroom. "I'm out." I didn't want to be near that guy for a second longer anyway.

I push through the door to the women's room and find it to be quite nice. Nice enough for there to be a seat covered in red plastic that is supposed to be like leather but just misses the point, either way, it works. The bathroom is silent, for a moment anyway. Then moaning and creaking erupts from underneath the third stall. Classy. Bathroom sex.

In an attempt to ignore them, I pull out my phone and check it. Twenty-seven unread texts. Oh, right, Derek's party. Twenty of them are from Jared alone and the rest are from Derek and six other of my party friends. Derek and the other's messages are from their pre-drinking phase and just depress me. I open Jared's messages and find him in several different drunken selfies with Derek. At least he's making progress. By the end of the night, he should either be beaten to a pulp and out of the closet or in the complete opposite situation, but still possibly out of the closet. I just hope it isn't the former.

Moan. Creak. Bang. Slap. 

I can't take it anymore.

"Oh yes, yes, YES!" the female shouts.

"I HOPE YOU'RE USING PROTECTION BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T WANT EITHER OF YOU TO REPRODUCE, YOU PIGS!" I yell before staggering out of the bathroom. Guess I drank more than I thought.