3. Friendship

Next day,

Nandini came to college and was waiting for Manik to come.

“Waiting for someone..??” Navya asked.

“Haan…Wo…” She stopped.

“Ohh…Uss bache ke liye…” Navya giggled.

“Shut up Navya…Don’t tease him…If I see anyone of our friends teasing him or saying something to him,remember, mujhse bura koi nahi hoga…” Nandini warned seriously.

“Arey..Hyper kyun ho rahe ho…?? Relax…We won’t and we can’t do anything with ur baby…U take care of him…Ok..” Navya said and was about to go.

Nandini stopped her and said “Sorry Navya…I told my Mom about Manik and she said he might be lonely,that’s why he is shy and not to trouble him…Ho sake toh to be friends with him and try to make him comfortable…Even I thought it is right…See Navya…He was so shy and uncomfortable with everyone…thoda ajeeb hai na..?? Just because of that…Please don’t take me wrong…”

She made her understand and Navya smiled and hugged her agreeing with Nandini.

“Lo aa gaya tera cutie…” Navya said showing Manik who was just entering the class. She passed a smiled to Manik, who was making a bad face till then, smiled brightly seeing her. He came and sat beside her and wished good morning.

“What happened Baby…?? Why were u so sad…??” Nandini asked.

“Wo…” he started again and looked at Navya, thinking that she will tease him again.

“She won’t say anything….U tell na…What happened…” Nandini assured.

“Wo…when I was coming from main gate to the class room, all girls are staring at me…I checked my clothes….Kuch ulta pehna kya mein..??” he asked being confused.

Navya rolled on bench laughing seeing him while Nandini suppressed her smile.

“Haww…U are also laughing at me…I won’t talk to u…” He said with an angry pout.

Nandini tried hard not to laugh, and made him face her. “I’m sorry mera cutie…If u r this handsome and hot to handle, girls will surely stare at u na....” She said pulling his cheeks.

He blushed with the compliment and said “Mein handsome hoon…??”

“yess…saath mein bohut saara cute bhi ho…” she said and again pulled his cheeks to which he made a face and rubbed his cheeks.

Soon everyone arrived and classes started and as usual Manik started taking notes while Nandini was observing him.

In leisure time,

When Manik was seriously going through the notes he has written, Nandini was fed up with the studious person next to her. She immediately grabbed the book from his hands saying “Baby….How much u’ll read…?? Talk to me na…”

He again made a pout “Nandini…I already told u not to call me baby…I’m not baby…”

He maintained serious face which made nothing but Nandini smile and she acted saying “But I like calling u that…It’s ok…U didn’t like na…”

She faked sadness and he felt bad seeing her like that.

“Oh…If u like calling that then…it’s ok…call me baby…no problem…It’s just that…ur friends will tease with that name…” He said with a frown looking at the other friends who were busy chatting with each other.

“As far as I’m there, no one will tease u my baby…” She said and he smiled.

“Acha Manik…Tell me something about yourself…” She asked after a minute.

“Myself…I’m the only child…5 years back dad passed away…From then Mom is busy with business…She will be all around the globe but not with me…I don’t know why I feel shy and scared to be friends with new people…That’s why I don’t have any friends…” He said his life in a simple way.

“Ohh…No friends at all..!!! With whom u will share everything then…??” She asked.

“Mostly with Mom when she calls…then with Ramu kaka, our elder servant…he is like my uncle…Then sometimes with Maddy…my cousin..But now he too moved to the US and we hardly get time to talk…” He answered.

“But u became friends with me na…??” She asked with a smile.

He too smiled and said “I don’t know…I felt comfortable around u..”

She pulled his cheeks saying “Ale mera baby…U r so cute…”

He blushed and she thought “Mom was right..he feels so lonely..”

Ignore mistakes...

See you soon...