Chapter 21: Hurt and Confused

GABIS POV

I stared at the pill bottle in my hands for a minute blinking rapidly, as if I thought my eyes were playing tricks on my mind.

Nope. Still there.

I heard the shower stop and I quickly shoved the bottle back into his jacket and dropped it back onto the floor. I swung my closet door open and acted like I was figuring out what to wear.

"I'm done." Bear smiled as he walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist.

I smiled and returned back to my outfit not knowing what to do or say.

I ended up throwing on a pair of Nike leggings and a white t-shirt and pulled my hair up, not caring about what I look like because right now my mind had bigger things to worry about.

"Where are we going?" He asked as you grabbed your keys.

"I have a meeting. You just stay here it won't take long." I rushed out the door before he could protest.

I needed time to think before I do or say the wrong thing.

I got into my car and immediately called Niki to tell her everything and see what she thinks I should do.

-

I slowly walked to the door of my apartment and unlocked it, wanting to stall as much as possible.

Niki told me to question him about it and I think she's right I need to tell him what I saw and have him explain himself.

"Hey babe." He said as I opened up the door.

A smile spread across my face once I saw that he had made us lunch and set the table for us.

"I did the best I could, I had a very limited choice. You guys really need to go grocery shopping." He laughed.

"I know." I laughed as I walk over to him and placed my lips on his.

I couldn't interrogate him now, he just did something really sweet. This is going to be harder than I thought.

As we were sitting and eating the sandwiches he made us my phone went off. He glanced up at me until I reached for it.

"It's just Lisa." I said, feeling like he was waiting to know who it is.

Is he protective like that?

Lisa had sent me a link. I quickly clicked on it and it popped up with pictures of him and I on our date yesterday. There was photos of us walking around holding hands, entering the restaurant, and getting into the car together.

I began to read the article.

Sorry bear trappers, but Blackbear and upcoming model, Gabi Loren, were spotted yesterday on what looks to us as a date? The two couldn't keep their hands off each other as they perused around Malibu.

What happened to the Blackbear we all know and came to love? Is he changing for the better or is this going to affect his "F you" style of music for the worst?

"What?" He asked, noticing my change in mood.

I sighed and slid my phone over to him for him to read the article.

He got up and went into my room without saying a word after he finished reading it. He returned to the kitchen with his bag in hand. I felt my heart drop knowing he was about to leave.

"I gotta go." He said quickly.

"Why so sudden?" I questioned knowing something was up.

"I have to go to the studio tonight and I totally forgot. I'm sorry." He said sympathetically and then left.

No kiss goodbye, not even a goodbye at all. What the fuck was that?

I sat there staring at the door hoping he would come back in, but he didn't. I'm beyond confused.

-

"He just left?" Niki said after I explained everything that just happened to her.

"Yeah, and I don't know why. After he read the article it was like something switched and he ran off. He said he had to do something in the studio tonight, but I don't think I believe that." I said with my head low.

"Just wait I'm sure he'll explain himself later." She said rubbing my back.

-

It was now almost midnight and I still haven't heard anything from Bear. I wrote up a text asking for some answers, but ended up not sending it just left it sitting there in my text box.

I went onto Snapchat and saw that he posted something at on his story. My chest began to ache at just the preview of the Snapchat because I could tell he definitely was not in the studio.

I clicked on it and saw he was at some club with a bunch of people. I saw Modsun and Lil Aaron were there which already wasn't good because Lil Aaron always persuades Bear to do horrible things. And just then I saw someone I never thought I'd see again. I felt hot tears brimming my eyes as one fell down my cheek.

The red head that he hooked up with at his party was right behind him.

______________

______________

Sorry this took me so long to put up, I had some serious writers block and still sort of do.

I might go back and edit and reread the whole book before updating again.