open mic- Corbyn

Corbyn's POV.....

Me and Daniel had decided to go outside and explore the weird part of town. We parked our car in an alley and started walking around.

The sky was dark but the streets were bright with lights. There was an open mic stage thingy near an ice cream place and other random stores and coffee places.

A band was exiting a stage and a new girl walked on stage. Me and Daniel got some ice cream and sat down outside where we could see the stage.

The girl on stage smiles at the crowd of people and steps up to the mic. She seemed a bit nervous and unsure of herself.

She had a small ukulele looking instrument on her back. "Um hi everyone." She mumbles into the mic looking down at her feet. "She's so shy its adorable." Daniel whispers over to me. I nod not taking my eyes off the girl.

"Um I'm y/n l/n." She says glancing from the ground to the crowd. "And today I'm going to be singing a few songs but to kick it off I'm going to sing you belong with me." She says before taking a step back from the microphone.

She spins her instrument around so its no longer on her back. And begins to play. It was a six stringed ukulele sized guitar.

"That's a tiny guitar!" Daniel mumbles over to me. I nod my head. "Its cool." I whisper back.

The girl starts to sing. Her voice was beautiful to say the least. She could really sing. I glace over at Daniel and see his jaw dropped causing me to laugh.

She finishes the first song and continues on to another. Then she talks into the mic. "Ok um....lastly I'm gonna sing an original song. Its called lights." She says giving a small smile and again backing up a bit from the mic.

"Shine light up the sky." She begins.

After song....

After her song she unplugs her instrument and walks off stage getting out of the way of the next band. A little girl runs over to her with a huge smile. The girl smiles up and her and says, "Hi!" In a high pitched voice.

"Why hello there." The singer says bending over to be the girls height. She held tight to the instrument in one hand while talking to the girl.

"What's that?" The little girl says pointing to the instrument.

"Its call a guitarlele. Want to try?" She asks the girl in a childy voice. The girl nods. The singer puts the strap on the girl and hands her the guitarlele.

The girl plucks the strings with her skinny little fingers causing the singer to smile. "Woah!" The girl says listening to the sound she made.

The singer laughs. "Thanks!" The little girl says handing it back and running back off to her parents.

Daniel must have noticed I was staring at the singer because he nudges me and says. "Well go on go talk to her!" I glace over to the girl. She wasa sticking the guitarlele into a case. I shrug and walk over to her.

Your POV....

You finished packing your guitarlele in its case and were just about to leave when someone started talking to you.

"Hey." The voice says causing you to whip around to face the stranger. There stood a guy who looked about your age maybe a bit older with adorable blonde hair. Must touch must touch.

"Oh um hey." You say pulling yourself out of your thoughts. He smiles slightly.

"You are a really good singer." He says in a slightly 'what am I doing? I look like an idiot!' Voice. You smile.

"Thanks! Everyone always tells me that" you scrunch up your nose before continuing. "But I disagree."

"Well you shouldn't! Your amazing. You should do YouTube covers I'm sure you'd do well." He spits out before he can stop himself.

You shrug debating wether or not that was a good idea.

"You could colab  with other musicians and stuff like why don't we." He suggests. You laugh slightly.

"My friend is obsessed with why don't we, but even if I did start YouTube their way to big of a group to ever want to colab with me." You inform him.

"Well then. Hello my name is Corbyn Besson I am one fifth of why don't we and I would love to colab  with you." He says holding out his hand. You stand there stunned for a second taking in what he says.

"Well then. I'd love to colab with you to Corbyn." You say smiling.

You two extange numbers and talk to Daniel. You decided to start a YouTube channel tomorrow then do some colabs with why don't we.

BTW when your friend found out she regretted her choice of not going with you to the open mic.