Employed to a Summer House

I dedicate this chapter to @Lackability who made this wonderful cover! Thx a thousand! 

*          *              *                 *              * 

My name's Christine Quarters. I live a miserable life. Okay....let me just say three words.

I'M A SERVANT

And that's how it'll always be. Me, scrubbing pots in the kitchen listening to the blasting T.V from the living room, and on good days, chatting with Alex the other kitchen maid. Alex is the closest thing to a best friend I've got. 

I work in a house. And the house isn't big. I bet I wrecked the picture you were imaging. But that's the point. The Brookesvilles, who own this house, are living in Chicago right now. They come here during the winter. So, it's what I would call there 'Little small cute house that I have to take care of and I slave to death while there away in Chicago.' Or what most people would call a 'Summer house.'

The house has two floors. The bottom one has the kitchen, the walk in pantry, the bathroom, two bedrooms, the dining room, living room, and office. The top floor has the attic/spare room and another bathroom as well as a patio.

I stay in the spare room with Alex and the other two servants. We divided the room with screens. It's not heaven, but it makes do.

I got employed here three weeks ago. That's my excuse for not enjoying coming to work. And my excuse for only having overweight Alex as a friend here. Rollo, the butler does nothing but sits on his rump and reads the newspaper. He's okay, but extremely lazy. And it's especially annoying when he quotes from my least favorite columnist. There's also Lindsay, she's very bossy, she's the top chef.  And last but not least, a teenager named Jeffery. He's okay.

I MEANT I KINDA LIKE HIM..I mean on my first shift here I fell off the ladder I was on when I was taking down the big heavy curtains, and he caught me. He also has brown hair. And eyes like the milky way, or the constellations in the sky.

Oh, and also..I'm a space nerd.

*    *    *     *      *

Sorry guys...gotta go! Comment, share and follow me!