It's Decided!!

Kim Na Yeon
Looking down to my bowl that was filled with steamed white rice and vegetable side dishes on the side. With food that does not even go down through my throat, I swallowed it and said
"When am I leaving?"

This morning was the same every day morning where I assist my grandmother preparing Breaking than then we all have breakfast together with my father before he leaves to work.

But this time I felt a different breeze in the Air. My father was having a strange look on his face. was he happy or was he sad I wondered!
He Kept looking at me which made me have an uneasy feelings.

"Oh stop it YOU, men up and speak" My grandma yelled
"Jeez,I will I am..." Father said
"What's going on!? its Okay you can tell me?" I said

I was worried of what I will hear, I knew my grandmother is sick so I prepared myself ahead for any bad news I might get, but I was sure not prepared for this.

" We got a letter from Colonel Ji Sung Min, It has been a while since he last visited us due to his sickness but he sure remembers to take care of us and you till this date" My father said.

My story with Colonel runs very deep!! When I was 3 years Old I was rescued by the Colonel when my town was destroyed by the Floods and killed so many people including my real parents.
At that time I was rescued and was given to the next head town whom I call now my grandfather. He took care of me along with my new grandmother and her Son which I call father. He used to send gifts every year to me and always paid us a visit whenever his in our town since we live 6 hours drive from the City he made sure to attend every birthday.

I am forever grateful to him and I owe my life to him. Such commitment and Loyalty that got me to agree to what will be said now.

My father added " So in his letter he mentioned that he want you to come to the city which he will help you with your studies since it has been 2 years now since you graduated from school and couldn't go to college, He got a scholarship lined for you there"

I was so happy when I heard about this news, I can finally study now. But what to come that made me shock.

"While you are there, the Colonel wants you to marry his grandson.. he is sick right now and can't walk and his only wish is to marry you off. You will be living with him and his family alongside with the Colonel... I knoe this is sudden but I personally don't want to pressure you" My father said.

I was not convinced with the Marriage thought but who am I to speak!! After all this is what I can do to at least repay the debt that I owe.
"All that intensity is for that, I am fine I should be thankful that I will get to study and get a degree not to forget get married into his family" I smiled as I continued to dig into my Food. But honestly my heart was pounding like an alarm, I was so worried and I my knees were shivering like it does in winter.

Ji Chong Wook

Colonel Ji Sung Min yelled his lungs out
"When I wanted you to join me and be in the Army you disobeyed me to become a Business man, and I wanted you to marry the girl of my choice you married someone else " he pointed at his son out of anger
" Now you can't say anything about this its said and done, Wook will be marrying her and that's it"

" But father my son has the right to choose his a grown man now!!" Wook father said
" Exactly grandpa, why would I want to marry a Country girl out of all the girls out there?!" Wook said while his father tried to shush him off.
" This country girl will be the bride of this house by hook or crook.. or else none of you all ungrateful burdens will get a dime out if me after I die!!" the colonel said as he turned his wheelchair off to hisbroom.

Wook started to throw a tantrum
" Are we leaving in ice age or what!! this is not fair besides I have a girlfriend.. what a Country girl huh!! is this a joke!!"

The mother unlike the two she was very calm sipping on her green tea.
"Why the fuss anyway!! You all know that the Colonel is too sick to live beyond 9 months, Let us do what he says till the day that he dies.. Think about it we will get all the properties and assets that he has which will definitely change our life since your father business is not going beyond local recognition"

"Honey watch what you're saying!! his my father after all" Wook father said while he knows she's not wrong about it as well.
"Think about it both of you, Wook you can marry her and we will be able to secure our future as well.. later on when he dies you can ask for a divorce, it won't be long anyways... She will ne grateful to have her scholarship anyhow!" Wook mother coldly said.

After this steamy conversation, wook was not happy of what has been decided for him but he also loves his grandfather despite his mother nasty comments.
It took him full day to decide to go with it trusting his mother's plan.
" Sorry Kim Na Yeon!! but my future is bigger than getting married.. I hope you understand so no one gets hurt" .

 I hope you understand so no one gets hurt"