Magnum Opus

There is an illicit thumping somewhere very deep inside me, that tells you just how I love you.

The colour rushes like a landslide to my once snow white cheeks. I feel the inferno on my face as my heart beats faster. 

Fast like a jack rabbbit, a rushing sword, a hurried kiss.

You fill me with full memories and bittersweet delecacies.  So much that I'm ready to explode, and turn into a million pieces, dancing with the cold wind.

Each word that manages to escape your  mouth and tickle your perfect lips is haunting, but only because each could be the last. Each could be the end of me.

Those same words that had once created me, so to speak. Though they really only brought me alive.

A touch between strangers, a lingering fingertip tracing untouched, undisturbed skin. Only because I've wanted no one else. Needed no one else. Never yearned, loved, held someone else. I'm the symbol of purity.

My hand finds the warmth of yours and chills cover my entire body, my entire being. You're my brightly shining sun, the life in my eyes, the tears paired with a smile.

There is nowhere better, nowhere more sweet. No place I'd rather be, than tangled in the strings of your heart and held tight in your warmth, breathing in all the time I've spent with  you, all of our heartfilled stories, that give you shivers and bring unexpected tears to the weary reader behind all the thin pages. They'll never know how true it all really was.

Muffled words that do not matter are tossed around like sand in a tornado. These sentences that escape my lips are taunting you, I see it in your crimson heart. See it somewhere in your emerald eyes.

Where did all of this come from. This loss of thought. Loss of soul. All the things you've stolen from me and kept locked deep somewhere.

When I first saw you, this did not come to mind. What came to me instead was complete love. I was lost in it all. Swimming, and hoping to drown. Not towards death, nor hatred. Nothing bad, nothing gorey. There were no gorey parts of you, or gorey bits of me. Only cliche, perfectly crafted, shined to perfection love.

There is no time to waste between the two of us. 

No word isn't cherished in the very core of my being. These words never made sense to me, until you effortlessly stole my heart, as though it were just another day.

I don't know where I lost myself in all of this chaos. Can't remember. But it doesn't matter, I don't need to remember. As long as you take my hand and walk me through my forbidden future. Through the dark trees, under the bright skies, across the busy streets I'd usually have to face alone.

Never again will I face it alone. Never again will I shed a tear over lonliness, hurt, or intolerance of pain. With your scent pressed against my velvet skin, I have a protective barrier. From coldness, from everything wrong. You are my hero.

Rushing to my rescue, in a metallic gentleman's suit. Your weapon is drawn, and there is a fierce look in  your eyes, ready to defend me against whatever greater evil is among us. When all is said and done, I will rush in for one last beautiful embrace, and look at you, and tell you once again, as you listen to the beating of my heart, that I love you so. 

Darkness to light.

Gray to colour.

Dead to living.

My saviour will rise. 

Pressing his lips to mine, and stealing my heart once again. Ready to repeat the process. 

But before all of this, there is a story. The story of us. Not a treturous tale, not a perfect romantic novel. It might leave you feeling like you have gained nothing at all. But it's true. 

It's the story of how you filled my heart with yours, and risked everything just to save me again and again. So now, my hero, I'll tell our story.