Chapter 6: Luke Jansen

The man on my computer screen had snow-white hair and fine lines on his face. But everyone could still see the traces that he was extremely eye-catching during his younger days.

His small gestures, sitting on his chair, holding a pen, studying the papers on his table, held power. And whoever saw him shivered by the intimidating air he radiated.

This man is one of the top ten wealthiest people in the world. He established his empire of Real Estates, Hotels, Malls, and BPO's at a young age of thirty-four, garnering everyone's respect. The head monarch and big boss of Jansen Conglomerate, Luke Jansen.

Luke Jansen has two sons, Jaime Jansen the eldest, and James Jansen the youngest. Jaime has a son, Zhander Jansen, who was eight years older than me. While James has a daughter, the pearl in everyone's hand, Emery Jansen. I believe that she was a year older than me.

Luke Jansen didn't care about his sons and only cared about his grandson and granddaughter. I guess all grandparents feel that way.

I could count with two hands the people I trusted, and Luke Jansen was one of them. We met unexpectedly thru Zhane.

At that time, I asked Zhane to keep my information private and guard my accounts. I knew that after a series of aggressive, successful investments, I would attract some prominent figures. But I sure didn't expect that Luke Jansen was one of those people.

I was confident that no one would know my identity, for I never showed my face in public. I just had my representatives attend any necessary dealings and meetings in my stead.

I trusted Zhane to do his part in guarding my information. What I didn't know that his father, Zian Devereaux, was working for Luke Jansen!

One thing led to another, and that was how I met the regal man.

In the first few months, I was always on guard when meeting or chatting with Luke Jansen. He sometimes asked for my opinions and inputs about certain stocks and investment, which was a part of our agreement. I was his investment advisor for a minimum fee, and he was my life's advisor for free. I still remembered the stunned look on his face when I proposed the agreement until his laughter bounced along the room.

I let go of my tablet pen and focused my attention on my computer screen. "I've got a good deal today," I said with a wide smile on my face.

Luke Jansen, who was reading the papers in his hand, raised his head and stared at me. The contours of his face were hard, yet his eyes were soft. "I've found you a violin teacher to teach you the advanced class. I've already arranged her accommodation and fees. You don't have to worry about anything."

My heart felt big in my chest.

I considered Luke Jansen as my second father or my grandfather. His personality is just like my father. He slowly grew warm to you once you had proven yourself to him.

Everything I didn't know about life and high society, Luke Jansen would be my advisor. He was the one who broadened my horizons.

Though father and mother supported our growth, their knowledge of the outside world was limited. Being in the province all their life and all.

Luke Jansen was like my mind when I was confused. My heart when I was lost and my backbone when I was unconfident.

After talking and catching up, we ended the web call.