I was in the living room and lazily played the guitar when I saw Lauren descending the stairs. She was grinning from ear to ear and basically ran over to me. I frowned at the excited expression on her face and lifted my eyebrows.

“Guess who is going to the 1975’s concert tonight?”, she squealed and my eyes widened in shock.

“Oh my God! You got a ticket?!”, I gasped because I had wanted to go to that concert just as much as she did; maybe even more and I felt so incredibly jealous in that moment.

“Tickets”, she corrected me and suddenly pulled out two tickets from behind her back.

“You asshole”, I blurted out and heard her laughing. “How did you get those? I wanted to get one too.”

“The other ticket is for you, Camz”, her voice sounded softer all of a sudden although she was still grinning. My lips parted in genuine shock before I put down the guitar and stood up to take the ticket she was holding out for me.

“But…how did you…”, I stammered.

“I called a few people and since you’ve been talking about this for such a long time, I made an extra effort”, Lauren explained when I lifted my gaze to find the emerald orbs looking at me full of hope. She didn’t even know why I was mad at her, but she was still trying to make it up to me. I swallowed the little lump in my throat that always seemed to build when her eyes locked with mine so intensely.

“You didn’t have to do this”, I breathed quietly and saw her lips forming a little smile.

“I know but I thought it would be good to…do something different. Ally’s going too”, the brunette added and that disappointed and relieved me at the same. Being alone with Lauren was very difficult after our kiss. Actually, I avoided it at all costs because I was afraid of what would happen.

“I don’t know how to thank you. This is amazing”, my own voice grew stronger and excited with every second. “I can’t believe we’re actually going!”

“We’re going to have so much fun and that will be the best way to thank me”, she responded and the big smile plastered on her face made my heart beat erratically. I knew we were going to have fun and if that was her only condition, then we were good to go.

Just like I had anticipated, the concert and the entire night was a complete success. I loved every single moment of it. Actually, I wasn’t sure what I loved most: going to see the 1975’s or going to a concert with Lauren. We sang along, danced and simply enjoyed each other’s company without any awkwardness. This was rare these days but maybe it was the element of music that made it so effortless; the passion of which had always connected us somehow. Ally was with us but she wasn’t really because Troy’s family was there and she spent most of her time with them. Even though I had been nervous about being with only Lauren, it was incredible.

One of my favorite moments had to be the one where I covered her mouth for screaming ‘Fuck’ during the song ‘Sex’. Obviously, Lauren had no problem with screaming out profanities. In fact, she had admitted to being the one with the foulest mouth but I wasn’t as innocent as most people thought. Still, in this particular moment I felt silly and tried stopping her from actually singing along. She bit the palm of my hand surprisingly and it felt like old times.

Well, not entirely. The instant her teeth bit down on the soft flesh caused way too many disturbing thoughts in my head; thoughts that included my close friend and biting…yeah, not good at all. Especially bad while listening to a song called ‘Sex’. But I managed to somehow survive the weird tension between us.