four years later

~ Four Years Later, November 15, 2011~

" Takiiie! Wait uuuup!" Yells a voice coming from the end of the hall. I turn around, slinging my book bag over my shoulder as I turn to see Hizoka running towards me.

" Hey!" I say, smiling cheerfully at him.

" Sooo! What did you tell her?" Asks Hizoka, his grin growing wider with  excitement.

Hizoka knows I never really date anyone. Girls are always all over me, yet I can never seem to find even the most beautiful one of them attractive. The person I find the most beautiful in the world, I can't have. My heart feels so heavy when he's near me, at times I feel like I'm going to break, I'll shatter like glass.

Taki sensed me sulking a bit and asked, " You told her no. Didn't you?" He said frowning at me.

" Come on Taki you've got to like someone! Don't you?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me, which I oddly find sexy.

" No, not really. Maybe I'm just not that kind of guy. I guess the relationship thing just isn't my style." I reply, hiding a smirk that tugs at my lips.

" Not your thing? What the hell's that supposed to mean!?"

" Hizoka Kanno, watch your mouth! You know this isn't the place for you to use language like that!" Scolds Mrs. Cole, my English teacher.

" Right, sorry." He apologizes to her.

" Not really." He mumbles, low enough to where I can hear him.

" You really need to get to class, you know what will happen if your late again." I say laughing softly.

" Yeah, yeah. Your just dying to get rid of me aren't you? Fine, I'll go. I see how it is." He says, teasingly, waking his hands about.

" Oh, come on you know I love you. Like a brother." I add.

" Yeah, I know. Alright I'll see you later." He says waving goodbye as he turns to head of in the opposite direction.

" See ya!" I shout back, before turning and entering my class to take my seat.

                    *   *   *

Hizoka and I meet each other after school everyday at the bus circle near the white board, where buses that have arrived are posted.

Today felt different when I saw him. Hizoka looked like something was on his mind. He looked a bit sad, standing there his long hair blowing in the soft breeze as he stared down at the ground. His school uniform was strangely out of order. He looks up at me as I walk up to him. His eyes had an unusual look in them, I can't figure out what it is.

" Hizoka, is something wrong?" I ask worried.

" Huh? N-no, why do you ask?" He asks, looking away.

" Are you sure? You look like something's bothering you." I say, pressing slightly.

" Yeah, I'm fine." He says, looking at me and forcing a smile.

" Riiiight. Well, you ready to go?" I ask, not believing a word that came from his mouth.

" Yeah." He says, slinging his bag over his shoulder. " Come on." He tells me, walking towards the bus.

Hizoka was silent the whole way home. Usually Hizoka and I would be yelled at to be quite by either the other students on the bus or the bus driver himself. But today they all looked at us strangely. Even walking towards our houses Hizoka was silent.

" Hizoka, maybe you should come over some other day." I say stopping in front of my house.

" What? No no. I need to talk to you." He says, nearly begging.