Baby Girl

**Time lapse: Five months**

Tris' POV

It's been five months since we've told Nem, Tiny, and Zeke about the baby. Due to advanced Erudite technology, we get to find out the gender today.

Tobias and I are walking to the doctors right now. I have a tight tank top on, but Tobias' sweatshirt on over it, so you can't see the bump. Yes, there is now a tiny baby bump. It's so cute!

"Tobias, what gender do you want? A baby boy or baby girl?" I ask him softly.

"It doesn't really matter, but I want a baby girl, someone who looks like you. A little girl running through the apartment with a little pink ballerina skirt on and a black Dauntless shirt is something I had imagined," He replies smoothly.

I didn't expect that. I thought he would want a boy, someone he could teach to fight. I didn't think he would imagine a little girl in a puffy ballerina skirt.

We're walking hand in hand when Tobias' phone rings and he answers. I can only understand half of the conversation.

"Yeah?... Tonight?... Okay, Zeke's apartment... Okay... Yes, she will probably come... Idiot... Okay... Bye,"

"What was that about?" I ask.

"Uriah. He called to tell me there would be a C or D party and 6:00 o'clock," he says then adds, "You want to go?"

"Of course, the Pedrad parties are the best!" I giggle and he gives me a strange look.

These hormones are really getting to me and i have mood swings all the time. I'm pretty sure it drives Tobias mad.

I turn back and scowl at him. Why did he give me that look? He turns and wraps his arm around my waist, his hand resting on the side of my baby bump that is hidden under his sweatshirt.

"Are you mad?" He whispers.

I shake my head no, all ager I felt a moment ago is gone. he smiles and pulls me to his side and we continue our walk to the doctors.

* * * * 

"Tris Eaton?" A nurse with five different colours in her hair calls.

Tobias and I stand and walk back to the room with a strange looking machine. The doctor who comes in was the last doctor who I expected.

Ms. Olyvia.

"Tris? Why are you here? This is the maternity ward..." Realization flashes across her face. I smile and nod my head. "Why didn't you tell us?!" She squeals.

"We wanted to keep it a secret for now, we were gonna tell everyone tonight at the C or D game," I say.

"Okay, um, do you wanna know the gender?" She asks while typing something into the computer thing beside her. I nod and grasp Tobias' hand tightly.

"Okay, I'll go grab the stuff we need. I'll be back in a moment," She walks out, and no longer than a minute later, she comes back in with a strange tube and cloth in her hand.

She glances at me, smiles, and puts the dark cloth beside the computer thing, then turns to me.

"Okay, can you pull your shirt up?" Ms. Olyvia says politely.

"Okay," First I pull Tobias' sweatshirt over my head, which he takes it from my hand, and I pull my tanktop up so my baby bump is exposed.

"So, I'm going put this gel on your belly, and it's real cold, then I'll rub it with this wand," She holds up a white stick thing. "And the picture of your baby will come up on the screen, so then we'll know the gender!"