day five

||DAY 5

Trust was a strange thing.

It can take months, even years, to build depending on what type of person you are, but in mere seconds, the bridge that used to bind you and another together could be broken.

That was what Lana was starting to realise as she laid awake in the bed in a room of a so-called military safe-house. She didn't know if she could believe that too. Lana had been confined to her bed ever since Matthew had returned her onto it after her breakdown however many days ago. The only reason she knew days had passed was because of the small sliver of light that splayed through the curtains, giving her comfort in the fact that there was something out there, waiting for her return.

He hadn't tied her back to the bed this time- it wasn't like she could move her limbs anyway. Matthew had said it was partly due to a side effect of the medicine he was giving her, the one that he was injecting into her through an IV while she slept.

She was surprised at how fast her mind and soul had become attuned to the silence around here- even the slightest sound didn't go by unnoticed. It was the fact that she couldn't hear cars, people, life from inside here and she couldn't help but think they were truly in the middle of nowhere.

The floorboards creaked as a whoosh of air brushed against the left side of her body.

He had come back in again.

"You hungry?"

She didn't answer. Her lips didn't move an inch. Lana refused to utter a single word to him because he was acting as if nothing was wrong- as though this was normal.

And she felt answering would only feed into the twisted delusion.

"I guess it's the IV again then." A rustling sound proceeded as he started to dump something into the IV bag.

She wished he wouldn't do that.

Instead of being trapped in here, she would rather starve to an untimely death. Because as bleak as it sounded, it seemed like the only option of escape at this point.