chapter 17

Natsu's POV:

The expression on Lucy's face when she realized we would have to share a bed was priceless.

Laughing, I saw her glaring at me, which made me immediately, shut up.

" Come on Luce, we've already shared a bed twice. A third time won't kill us."

Lucy then growled at me and stomped towards me, until we were an inch away from each other.

" Listen up, bub, both of those times, you snuck into my bed while I was sleeping. I'm still mad at you for so, so I suggest we don't bring it up. Mkay?"

I gulped and quickly nodded.

Only my mate could put so much fear in me.

Smiling, she flopped on the bed, moaning how comfortable it was.

Which, I must say, was very hot.

Glancing up at me, she smiled and told me she wanted the side closest to the balcony.

I was about to agree, when suddenly, I remembered the beast.

" Do you really think that's a good idea? I mean the Beast does take women at night. And you sleeping closer to the balcony could make you an easier target," I tried to reason.

She thought about it for a minute, before agreeing with me.

Grinning, I looked outside to see that the sun was starting to set.

Looking back at Lucy, I noticed her rummaging through her bag and pulling out her pajamas.

She walked into the bathroom and told me I could change in the room.

Pulling off my vest, I told her I was done getting changed.

Five minutes later, Lucy stepped out of the bathroom, only to squeal and drop to her knees, covering her eyes.

Rushing forward, I began to frantically ask her what was wrong.

" Y-you baka, g-go put on a shirt!?"

Grinning, I pulled her hands away from her eyes and put them on my chest.

Her face turned Scarlet and her eyes widened.

She snatched her hands back and rushed towards the bed.

I chuckled and went to the opposite side of the bed and started to climb under the covers.

Only for Lucy to scream LUCY KICK! and kick me out of the bed.

Groaning, I sat up and glared Lucy, who didn't seem to care.

" What the heck was that for!?", I screamed at her.

She glared at me and pointed down at my chest.

" I told you to put on a shirt, so until you do, you are not sleeping in this bed."

Growling, I stood up and marched over to my bag a pulled out a black T-shirt, and put it on.

Walking back to the bed, I slipped under the covers and turned away from Lucy.

After about ten minutes of uncomfortable silence, I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist.

Feeling Lucy's breath on my neck sent delicious chills down my spine.

" I'm sorry Natsu, I didn't mean to upset you. I just felt uncomfortable at the thought of sleeping with a half naked man."

Smiling, I turned around and wrapped my arms around her, pushing her face into my chest.

I felt her tense up a bit before relaxing and snuggling closer to me.

Closing our eyes, we both went to sleep.

***********************

I woke up in the middle of the night, having to go pee.

I untangled myself from Lucy's arms and quietly walked into the bathroom.

After doing my business and washing my hands, I opened the door to find a standing over Lucy.

( Like in the media)

The man was covered in fur, and had yellow talons and fangs.

The creature glared a me with golden eyes, before bending down and grabbing Lucy.

I rushed forward and screamed for Grey and Juvia.

I heard footsteps and the door bursting open, but I kept my eyes on the creature holding Lucy.

It snarled at the three of us,  before turning around and leaping off the balcony.

We quickly rushed after it, running as fast as we possibly could.

The creature ran towords   the woods.

We ran even faster knowing that once it reached the woods we would never find it, and Lucy would be a goner.

Juvia stopped and shouted ," water slicer!"

A jet of water shot towards the beast and hit it in the back.

It howled in pain and dropped Lucy, clutching it's back.

When Lucy hit the ground she groaned and finally woke up.

Once she saw she was outside, she looked up at the beast and screamed, scrambling away from it.

The beast snarled at her and lunged towards her.

She screamed as it landed on top of her and plunged it's hand into her stomach.

Then, it was like the world stopped moving, and everyone stopped breathing.

I was suddenly consumed by hatred and anger.

I felt my wings sprout from my back and horns poke through my scalp.

The beast whimpered and tried to escape into the forest but I suddenly appeared in front of him, and shoved my hand through his chest, and ripped it's heart out of it's chest.

The beast dropped dead, and I rushed towards Lucy, bending down, I  gently picked her up and rushed towards Grey and Juvia.

Grey snapped out of his trance and froze Lucy's wound.

We rushed back towards the town a to the tiny hospital.

On the way, I felt my wings burn away and my horns sink back into my head.

Once we reached the hospital, they quickly took Lucy into the operation room and told is they had their best healer, Wendy Marvel, healing her.

Grey, Juvia, and I sat in silence for a few minutes, before Grey broke the ice ( XD).

" Tell us Ash hole, what are you?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ha ha ha!

I'm super happy right now!

My writer's block is gone!

Anyway,  holy crap!

Lucy's been severely injured and Natsu released his END form in front of grey and Juvia!

Will Lucy be alright?

Will Grey and Juvia understand natsu's past?

Find out in the next update!

NG out~