Do You Trust Me?

It's quite a short chapter - and I apologise in advance. (950 words) but that is because it just links two chapters, like a filler.

"Astrid? Where have you been? You must tell me where you are going so I can protect you." Snotlout said, placing an arm on my shoulders. I angrily grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground.

"What was that for?" He asked in a wimpering voice.

"That is for ignoring that I still love Hiccup." I said walking off. Snotlout struggled to stand, but when he did he ran after me.

"Astrid. You need to put that behind you! It has been 8 and a half years! We all know he is dead!" Snotlout said. I ignored his comments and walked faster through the dark forest. "Why were you at that cave anyway?"

"Why were you looking for me?" I retaliated.

"Answer my question first!" He exclaimed angrily. I punched him and he fell to the ground again. I ran off to the village, leaving Snotlout in the dust and slept in my own bed, in my own house, thinking of Hiccup.

Everynight I went to see Hiccup from then on, but I always made sure to leave before Snotty got curious of what I was doing. Everyday I got questioning looks and questions from the villagers and Cheif wondering why I was suddenly so happy and violent again, like I was before Hiccup left. Everynight I learnt more about Hiccup's adventures around and beyond the archipelago and he learnt more about the boring life on Berk. I was really enjoying these secret meetings, it made me feel like a rebel, like I was alive.

That went on for a few weeks. I told him that he must tell his father soon and the rest of the village. He knew I was right, but he also knew that it would be a dangerous task. What would they all say? What if it went wrong? We agreed on one thing though - when he told Stoick it must be with a bang.

"You now I love these nightly meetings with you." Hiccup said one day. He had his arm draped over me, my hand resting on his chest and my head on his shoulder. I felt safe in his arms; he was the only one who really cared for me.

"And I love being with you after all of these years." I responded. Toothless let out a low growl and huffed. "And you too Toothless." I added. Hiccup laughed a little.

"Wanna go on a flight with me and Toothless?" He suddenly asked. I quickly whipped my head off his shoulder in shock. He stood up and made his way to Toothless. I stood and watched in awe. He swung his bad leg over Toothless's back and clipped his metal foot in. I still stood and watched. I hadn't seen him fly Toothless since he was chased off by the vikings on Berk. The memory sent chills racing down me.

"Do you trust me?" He said and snapped me out of my thoughts. He had his arm outstretched and his green eyes looked at me in a happy way. How could I say no?

I grabbed his arm and hopped onto Toothless for the second time in my life. I wrapped my arms around Hiccup's waist and snuggled into his back as best I could. He smirked and we took off through the cave gently. Toothless seemed to be more caring towards me and didn't do what he did last time. Just the memory sent shivers down my spine. This didn't go unnoticed by Hiccup.

"You okay?" Asked Hiccup, turning around.

"Yeh, but look where you are going!" I giggled. He turned his head to look forward again.

"But how can I look this way when the most beautiful thing in the archipelago is sitting right behind me?" Hiccup said. Did he just flirt with me? I would so kiss his cheek if it wasn't for that stupid helmet of his. Instead, I just melted more into his back.

"Why do you wear that helmet? We are so high up now, people won't notice us and even if they did, they wouldn't recognise our faces." I asked as Toothless flew over Berk. I could see little people moving about and spots of light from the torches dancing around the village. Wait... They aren't torches...

"To keep my identity a secret. If anyone in Berk sees me, I don't know what would happen to me." He answered with a sigh.

"But I found out." I said, still trying to work out what the light was coming from. It definatly wasn't torches, and come to think of it, the things moving looked to big and oddly shaped to be vikings...

"That's because I trust you." He answered. I gasped. I finally knew what I was seeing down at Berk. I couldn't bring myself to say it, I was too shocked. Toothless flew into the clouds and Berk was out of sight.

"Dragons..." I breathed.

"What did you say?" He asked softly and questionatly.

"Dragons." I said.

"What about them." He asked. He was getting seriously worried about me.

"Dragons... Berk... Dragons attacking Berk. Dragons attacking Berk!" I said, growing louder each time, the realisation finally setting in. We hadn't had a dragon attack in Berk for years...

"What?!" He said and dived down below the clouds. Sure enough, he noticed dragons attacking Berk. We dived at an unrealistic speed and I screamed. I screamed for my life as my grip around Hiccup began to faulter and I felt myself slipping from Toothless.