29| Resurgence

"Oh, so you're going to leave soon?"

   Faye nodded, further dampening my spirits. "Things are finally starting to pick back up at work. Like I said before, my coworkers need me."

  It had been a week after I had earned the Mind Badge, and the time had passed quicker than I thought it had. I knew she would have had to leave sooner or later, but that didn't mean I wanted her to.

   "Don't be sad, Steven. It's not like I want to leave," Faye comforted me. "And I won't have to until tomorrow, so we still have all of today to do something."

   "I suppose you're correct," I said.

    "You're absolutely correct!" Wallace affirmed, leaning against me with his arm on my shoulder. I eyed him out of the corner of my vision, and he looked like he had just learned the meaning of life or some other amazing revelation.

   "And do you know why?" Winona continued. "It's because we found out there's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight! Have you or Arietta heard of the Litleonids?"

   I perked up at this new information. "You mean the meteor shower that occurs every decade or so? Those Litleonids?" I asked, excitement evident in my voice.

   "Like there are any others?" Wallace answered, smirking.

   "I was making sure!" I said, turning to a confused but interested Faye. "Like I said, the Litleonids are a decennial event. I've never seen them myself, but my mom saw them with my dad once, and she said they were beautiful."

   "We're only proposing this because I heard you can get a clear view of them from Mossdeep," Wallace explained. "There aren't many things that blot out the sky here."

   "You don't need to convince me any further. I think watching a meteor shower is a perfect way to end our time traveling together!" Faye said.

   Winona shielded her eyes to look up at the sun, which had barely moved past the midday mark. "But we still have, like, seven hours to waste," she pouted.

   I swear if someone suggests that we spend those hours in a store or some crap... Meteor started.

   "We can check out a few stores we haven't been to yet?" Faye suggested, shrugging.

   Arceus-dammit!

   And window-shop we did... for five hours. I would admit, even I was getting bored. Browsing could only be so interesting if you didn't buy anything to compensate. We eventually decided to check out a small trinket shop tucked away between two much larger, commercial stores. It was almost invisible, really. I wouldn't have seen it if Faye hadn't said anything.

   Ten minutes into our time in the store, and I wanted to leave. The place was coated in dust, and nothing interested me. It wouldn't have killed anyone if I waited outside. I was about to leave when I felt someone tug on my sleeve. Winona was standing next to me, looking up, waiting for me to acknowledge her.