10. midnight

[ PARK SOOJUNG ]

At midnight,
the stars remind me of you.

I stare up at the ceiling, having trouble falling asleep with all the thoughts running through my head. It was all starting to make sense now. From Taehyung acting cold all of sudden at the mention of Jimin, to finding out Jimin's soulmate is Seolhyun.. the only woman who is contributing to Taehyung's suffering.

I roll off my bed, hitting the floor with a loud thud as I slowly get up to go to the washroom. I bend over the sink, feeling my lungs release all the rose petals I've collected since this morning. I slowly trudge my way back to my bed as I dispensed all of the petals, grabbing Taehyung's hot thermos to clear my sore throat. I place the thermos back onto my bedside table, slowly finding myself smiling.

"Keep it. You need it more than I do."

I lay back down on my bed, staring back up at the ceiling before hearing my phone ring and vibrate next to the thermos. Reaching for my phone, I look at the caller ID before answering it.

"Taehyung-ah, why are you calling me at midnight?"

"I can't sleep. And you sound like you can't either."

"I can't sleep either, did you just call me to talk to you?"

"No, I'm actually outside right now, come out, let's go take a walk."

I hung up on him, grabbing my coat off the hook and my keys before opening the door to see him smiling at me. He offers a hand that I gladly take before we head outside. He shoves his hands into his pockets, while I wrap my body with my arms to keep myself warm.

"So where are we headed to?"

"We don't really have a destination, I was thinking we could just hang out at the campus garden and maybe look at the stars or something."

"Is Kim Taehyung asking me to stargaze with him?"

"Don't push it."

➵ ➵➵

We took a seat near the water fountain situated in the middle of the campus garden. He leans back in his seat before glancing up at the stars. I watch him as he slowly shuts his eyes, and I feel my mouth hang open at how flawless he looked.

"I know you're staring at me."

"Well, you didn't have to tell me right away, I was enjoying your side profile. On top of that, you should feel proud of yourself, especially since I'm boosting your ego, you asshole."

"I love you you get so defensive over something you're guilty of."

"Don't push it, Kim."

He chuckles, and I roll my eyes at him.

"Are you having trouble sleeping?"

"Yeah, it's my thoughts that are keeping me awake."

"Were you thinking about me?"

I shrug my shoulders, and he nudges me, with a huge grin playing across his lips. I roll my eyes, while he starts poking at my cheek to get me to speak.

"Sort of. I was thinking about Seolhyun and how she could reject you. I don't know the full story between you and her, but Jimin and I were studying at the library earlier today, and he mentioned that she was his soulmate."

"Well, it doesn't really matter now."

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't really matter now because she's his soulmate, and he's her soulmate. I can't really interfere a perfect, fixed relationship that I probably will never have. What I really think matters right now is for you to find your soulmate."