Chapter 7 - I Need Time To Slow Down

I still haven't talked to Justin about last night. That was bad. We got into multiple disagreements. It worried me honestly. I woke up in the guest bed room forgetting that I slept in here. I walked out of here and into our bedroom to see it empty, but the bed was a mess so I know he came home last night. I walked down the stairs and the house was silent.

Sometimes he likes to sit outside in the morning to just relax so I walked over to the back door and there he was sitting outside smoking a blunt. I slid the door open and he looked back at me.

"Hey" he said quietly before looking back ahead. I shut the door and walked over to him.

"Hi" I said back as I sat down next to him. "I'm sorry for being annoying" I quietly said as I looked down at my fingers.

"You weren't annoying me, babe. Don't be sorry. I understand why you were so mad at me." He told me so I looked over at him. I took the blunt from his hand and he looked at me confused.

"Hey, you stressed me out yesterday" I said with a laugh and he chuckled. I took a hit then gave it back to him. We've smoked a bunch of times together, but I don't do it regularly like he does. Every morning. Every night. Sometimes all day. I only smoke once in a while. We sat in silence for a few minutes as we kept passing the blunt back and fourth.

"I love you, babe. I hope you know that" he told me. I looked over at him and nodded.

"And I love you too. The only reason I get so mad at you and upset is because I care about you so much. I don't want you to go down the wrong path. This year has been really rocky for you. I know you aren't happy with this world" I explained to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist as he scooted closer to me.

"I know and I appropriate you a lot. Thank you. I'm just stubborn" he said and I laughed.

"You think?" I joked and he laughed too. He leaned down and softly kissed me.

"I'm sorry" he said against my lips before kissing me once more and pulling away. "Scooter wants me to see a therapist" he told me then chuckled and shook his head.

"Well what do you want to do?" I asked and he looked at me like I already knew the answer.

"I don't want to" I figured he would say that.

"It might help" I tried to tell him. I don't want him to feel like he has to, but if he thinks it could help in anyway, he should do it.

"I have you to talk to and you listen better than anyone else" he joked and I just smiled.

"True, but I can't help you to feel normal and happier again and help you figure how why you feel the way you do" I said back and he shook his head like I was wrong.

"You do help me to feel normal and happy. You do every day. You're doing it right now" he said and I started to smile again. I'm glad I still make him feel that way. "Also I already know why I'm feeling this way. I don't need anyone to tell me when I already know"

"You're in a tough position" I quietly said back. He nodded slowly.

"Every one hates on me, but if they were in my shoes, they wouldn't make it a day in my life. The hate, the no privacy, the depression, there's so much to this life that literally breaks me down. And I'm still a kid honestly. I'm only twenty. I just turned twenty. I've done so much as a teen and I had no one to really tell me 'no'. I get judged for everything and the little mistakes and all other mistakes I make are blasted on every magazine and article covers. I'm growing up in the spot light and everyone just expects me to be perfect" he ranted then took a hit of the blunt and then stood up. "Come on, baby. Let's make breakfast" he said holding his hand out to me. I smiled and happily grabbed his hand as I stood up.