Chapter 35

Angel's POV

They turned to us and they all smiled relieved.

"Angel! Are you alright?!"

They all turned to run to us but they were about ten feet away when the twins growled at them and hovered above me protectively. I guess they're taking the whole 'nothing will happen to either of you under our watch' thing seriously.

I had to only hum quietly and rub their arms to calm their protectiveness and their wolves.

They looked at me questioningly.

"They're family and I would like to eat."

Xavier walked to the counter which had bar stools next to it and sat down on one of them, holding me in his arms.

Xander walked to the cupboards and started to look for ingredients to make breakfast.

Xavier moved me in his arms and sat me on his lap, so that I was straddling him, resting my head on his chest. I could hear his heart thumping rapidly under my ear. Concerned, I looked at him.

"Are you alright Xav? Your heart is beating fast."

He chuckled, looking down at me.

"It's always like that when you're near and when you're not, it thumps with anticipation to see you again."

I could hear the others aww in the background when I blushed.

Xavier grinned happily when he saw me blush and kissed my forehead.

"Anyway," Lisa caught everyone's attention, "what were you going to say, Chris, before our lovebirds came in?"

"Oh um..."

Chris and Jaxson were now standing in everyone's attention.

"Well..."

"Chris, just tell me if you can't say it, I'll say it myself, honey." Jaxson interrupted his mumbling while looking at him lovingly.

Did he just call him honey?? Well then.

"Thanks, babe. You can say it yourself, please." Chris looked really relieved saying that.

"Anytime."

Jax turned to us.

"So um, it seems that somehow even with me being a male, Chris got me pregnant."

Silence. Complete and utter silence.

"What?"

"Really??"

Peter and Cindy asked at the same time.

Cindy sounded very excited while Peter didn't sound all that happy about it.

Jaxson smiled at Chris.

"Yes really, mom. You're going to be a grandma in about six to seven months."

"I wouldn't say that." I muttered under my breath but somehow everyone heard me as they turned to look at me.

"Why not, Angel?" Cindy and Peter asked me, confused. Heck everyone was confused.

"Umm nothing."

I'd like to eat my breakfast without my dads and brothers trying to kill my mates.

"Why would we try to kill the twins?"

Oh god. Did I say that out loud?!

"Yes you did, babygirl. I guess we're going to have to tell them." Xander mindlinked me while walking to us and wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"But they'll try to send you six feet under!"

I could hear them chuckle in my head. Okay, that was weird.

"No one will harm us, don't worry about that, princess."

Okay then.

Take a deep breath, Angel.

Now breathe out.

Breathe in and let's do it.

"Well the thing is... you're going to be grandparents in about four to five months."

"What? Why so soon? The only pregnancy that is so short is with..." Thomas asked but then his eyes went round when he realized what I was trying to say.

"Oh." A huge smile took over his face.

"What's going on?" Antonio intervened.

"The only pregnancy that is so short is only with Alpha couples." Katherine smirked at us knowingly.

My two families looked horrified when they looked at me and the twins who practically curled themselves around me, growling at them for staring at me.

Cindy and Alyria looked like they were about to faint from happiness but the males looked the exact opposite.

"WHAT?!?!"

They were answered with two loud growls from the twins who were very near to shifting.

"Guys, don't come any closer, they will shift at any movement done by you right now."

But as you can guess, they didn't listen to me and the twins ended up shifting and I ended up on Ryder's back, clinging onto him for dear life and trying my best to calm them. Nothing seemed to work as they were continuously growling at the others.

I think they both would've pounced already had I not been situated on Ryder's back.

"Let's just go back to our room. We can eat later but you both need to calm down. Come on, let's go." I said, hoping that maybe when it's just me and the twins in the room they will calm down.

Ryder started to walk in the direction of the stairs while Tyler walked towards the others.

"Wait Tyler. Don't hurt them."

He looked at me and blinked. Then turned around again and went for the cupboards.

Ryder couldn't stay for another moment and went up the stairs.

We reached our room and he climbed into the bed. Once he was laying on his stomach I slid myself down onto the bed.

He used his head to push me to lay down and once I complied he curled his body around me with his muzzle somehow ending up in the side of my neck where he sniffed and gave me a few licks happily. He closed his eyes and purred, the steady sound filling the silence in the room.

A few minutes later, Tyler walked into the room with packs of snacks and crackers between his teeth. Closing the door behind him, he made his way to the bed, dumping the snacks on the floor.

Picking up only one pack of crackers he climbed onto the bed and laid down next to us, giving me the package.

I smiled and patted his head.

"Thanks Ty."