•_Pairing poll at end_•

Naruto POV

That night I stayed up all night "keeping watch" I couldn't eat or drink, because somehow Zayuma-sama and Kita-sama had gotten into my bag and taken all of my supplies. Apart from my kunai and other weapons. I guess they will be using them again, or still expect me to protect them from threats.

We've been walking for about half a day and there should be only another half a day until the sand siblings meet us at the gates of suna. I've not eaten or drank anything yet, and this. Is. Suna! The hottest of the hidden villages. I feel as though I'm going to pass out, but I've just been smiling brighter than ever before. The think they can break me? Hah! I've been broken for as long as I can remember.

Sasuke POV  (approaching suna gates now)

Hn. The Dobe seems to be really happy today, but I can't help but feel something's wrong. Also, I haven't seen him drink anything all day, even in this ridiculous weather. But then again, maybe he just hasn't even noticed the heat yet, he's that dense.

He has been trying to get Sakura to go out with him, for almost an hour. But seriously, who would want to go out with that fucking banshee?! I swear her voice could do that thing that they do in movies, you know where the fat woman sings or practically screams until all the glass breaks. Well it's like that...

Apart from I hope she was standing in a room made of glass when it shatters, so she gets what's coming to her.
(I know that's a bit OOC for Sasuke but it came into my head and I realllllly wanted to write it)

I can see the gates now, it should take about another half hour for us to get there.

Naruto POV

Come on!

Hurry!

I. Can't... Keep going like this....

"GAARAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" I let everything I had been bottling up in that moment flow out of me. I could see the red hair by the gate and I could sense the chakra of the one tail. I knew he heard me, because I felt Shukaku's chakra spike. It's wierd... it's like a connection, I guess. I speed off as fast as I could, Ignoring the hollers of my 'teammates' and picked up speed. I was so close, if I had just kept going at full speed for another 10 seconds at max, I would have made it.

But before I could make that extra stretch, I could feel my legs giving out beneath me, my lack of food and water catching up with me all in that one moment. I blacked out completely. The last thing I saw, was sand , not the sand in the desert, but Shukaku's Sand and a flash of bright red.

Knowing I was safe, I allowed my body to relax, I was finally here; with the people I know understand how I feel, who accept me willingly, even knowing who—no, what I am.

These people are the closest I have to family.

A/N sorry it's short, today was the first day back at school and I basically had a very shit day. But I had time to think of what to do to progress the story. I think I may have labelled the story SasuNaru but I can't remember, so I'm going to do a poll of who our favourite Ninja should be with! And the options areeeeeeee...!!!

•NOBODY

•SHIKAMARU

•SASUKE

•GAARA

•TEMARI

•INO

•HINATA

•NEJI

•TENTEN

•OTHER (if you choose "other", then please tell me who.)

These are my favourite pairs but I'm willing to work on others, depending on who wins the poll.

HOWEVER SAKURA IS A NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! don't even try, it's not going to happen. I've read some Naruino fanfics and I actually really love them, but SAKURA?! NOPE! NEVER! 0%! I. HATE. HER. SO. MUCH!

Ok.. Author-Chan signing out...

Baiiiiiiiiiii ^•^