• Chapter 7 •

I quickly ran out of the room, making sure to tuck Marlene in and made a mental note to let Lily know so no creepy guys walked in. Luckily for once, Sirius hadn't gone far and was standing in plain sight, leaning against a wall as he talked to Remus. I hated myself for it but I had to make sure he didn't embarrass himself, that would mess up the whole plan and as much as I hate to say, I was very invested now. I hadn't expected it to even get past the yoga class so this was an interesting surprise.

"Hey S - Regulus." I said leaning a hand on his shoulder, silently cursing myself for almost giving it away. If drunk Sirius revealed the plan then that would be bad. If I did it whilst sober then I would officially be the biggest idiot even and I was in a conversation with a man who was pretending to be his fake twin brother and a man who believed it.

"Dorcas, hey!" Remus said, "I found Regulus!"

"You did, did you?" I said turning to Sirius who gave me an odd, satisfied smile, "Well, that's wonderful then."

"Anyway Regulus was just telling me about the time he went hiking to see the stars." Remus said. I smiled, pretending I didn't know it was a massive lie. Sirius hated hiking and so did the real Regulus so I don't know what he was thinking.

"Yep, our Regulus is a big hiker."

"Dorcas got me into it." Sirius said, trying to conceal a laugh. I was about to glare at him but then I remembered Remus was standing right in front of us and I didn't want to make Sirius' lie too obvious.

"Yep, I'm a big hiker." I said through gritted teeth. It was kind of not a lie, I did enjoy walking and running but I wasn't a big nature fan. The last time I went for a hike was when I was a child and I got stung by a bee and tripped in the mud which scarred me against hiking and just nature in general.

"I wasn't a big hiker before but Lily took me for a couple of walks and it was actually really fun. I was surprised." Remus said, his eyes glancing over at Sirius. His face fell slightly and I looked over to see what the cause of it was. Sirius had decided to get out his phone and was texting furiously. I gave him a slight nudge and he looked up and gave a slight laugh although he didn't seem to feel bad at all.

"So sorry, Remus, go on." He said in a slow, strange tone which made me think that even if he wasn't slurring anymore, he wasn't even close to sober.

"Oh, I was just saying that I love hiking now thanks to Lily, I've been turned...." I lost focus on what he was saying when I heard my phone buzzing in my pocket. Attempting to be as subtle as possible, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked to see who had texted me. It was Sirius.

Doccras, were going hiking!!

 The entire text horrified me and it wasn't just because he'd forgotten the apostrophe and called me Doccras, that was the worst name I'd ever heard and I thought Dorcas was bad. Seriously, who names their child Dorcas, it has dork in it.

No, Sirius, we are not going hiking!

I texted back quickly before shoving my phone in my pocket and smiling awkwardly at Remus who was looking at the two of us suspiciously. For a second, I thought he'd figured out we were texting each other but considering he still hadn't figured out that Sirius was not his twin brother, I didn't think it was that much of a worry.

I put my attention back to the conversation again, trying to catch up with what I'd missed. Remus was listening intently to something Sirius/'Regulus' was saying.

" - It was just so beautiful watching the sunset over the horizon, and then I just sat down and watched the stars appear and I saw the Regulus star and it was so beautiful." Sirius looked so wistful and for a second, I almost believed him before I realised he was describing his imaginary hike in the stars.