How Can We Love Rowan More??

Because I've been torturing you guys, I put something in here that's happier, but still full of feels. Not mine, but it is glorious!

-------------

Imagine an alternate universe where Rowan is mute.

Imagine that Rowan lost his voice when Lyria died, or that he was never able to speak in the first place/had something horrible happen to his voice so that he could not speak. Because he is mute, he communicates mainly via sign language. Also because he is mute he is seen as even more of a dangerous, wild, & icy Fae warrior. His very presence scares Maeve's enemies. Rumors circulating that Maeve herself cut out his tongue, or that during one of the many wars an enemy removed his tongue & Rowan removed his head. He would be a silent sign of the power that Maeve holds in her hands.

Imagine Rowan meeting Aelin & discovering for the first time he can communicate with with a person without sign language but merely a facial expression. Aelin meeting this silent giant who seems to hate her, with looks that hurt more than words & punches ever could. Who can tell her with a single raise of an eyebrow if her form is completely off or perfect. Aelin learning the nuances of his facial & sign language. And as time passes, Aelin no longer needing to say a word for them to have a conversation.

Imagine Aelin cracking through Rowan's mask & his vulnerable expression when he tells her about Lyria. Imagine the rage on Rowan's face & his furiously flying hands when Aelin tells him all that happened to her. The shame that would cloud his face as he realizes just how much he has misjudged her. Rowan's determination to right every wrong he did & mend the damage they have done to each other.

Imagine Rowan's casual "What am I going to do with you?" face whenever Aelin does something stupid. And Aelin's responding shit-eating grin to which he rolls his eyes to but can only smile.

Imagine how as time goes on, Rowan's normally stoic face just melts around Aelin to this little bit of softness & his eyes & his mouth. The faces each would make whenever they just want to kiss each other. Them writing into each other's skin words of endearment late into the night. Aelin being able to tease him all the time, much like at the dinner with Arobynn.

Imagine his face as he looks at children, & Aelin just reading the hurt & how much he wishes to be a father.

Imagine only two times Rowan wishing he could speak. Once would be able to tell Aelin that he loves her. The second to scream her name when she was in danger & out of his reach.

Alternatively, imagine Rowan finding his voice at the end of Heir of Fire, when Aelin was fighting the valg princes & he was sure that she was going to die. Imagine Rowan roaring her name in the darkness, his voice cracking from misuse, & Gavriel releasing him in shock. Imagine Aelin not being shocked by his voice when she returns from the darkness because his voice was exactly like she had imagined it to be. Imaging Rowan's first sentence to Aelin being, "I claim you, too, Aelin Galathynius." Imagine Gavriel teasing Rowan about it & Rowan hoarsely going, "Shut up." Imagine Aelin wanting to listen to Rowan tell her stories for hours, even as he slips back into their silent conversations.

Imagine how attentive they would be to each other's faces, eyes memorizing every movement & what it meant. Imagine how close they would be.

------------

Cute, right?!

And for our daily programming, Good for Nothing Tools: