Chapter [34] Flashbacks

Chapter Thirty-Four:

4:17 A.M.

God, my head really hurt. I woke up immediately clutching the temples of my forehead. I didn't remember what happened to me except being completely blacked out and that was that. I was shook.

"Sleeping Beauty is finally awake." I heard a low voice in the distance.

I grimaced at the sound because of the throbbing pain in my head. I slightly tilted my head and looked at the person sitting in the armchair next to the bed I was in.

"Wha-what happened?" I asked, my voice trembling.

He slouched over and studied me for a second. His hands were both cupped into one another while his elbows pressed into both his knees. "How do you feel?" He asked.

"I feel like crap." I tilted my head down, rubbing my temples again.

"First." He got up, walked to the desk and got a glass of water with a pill and handed it to me. "Take this. It'll ease the pain."

After I took the aspirin and took a few sips of water I asked him what had happened to me.

Skylor sighed. "Some guy spiked your drink."

I tensed up. "What?" Chills went down my spine. I started examining my body. "D-did he-" I stuttered.

"No, he didn't touch you. I was with Mia but fortunately I went outside and saw you fall." His mouth was set in a thin line.

After hearing it, I just sat there. I was in utter grievance at the thought of my naivety. I questioned why I was the only person bad things have happened to. All being within a year. I didn't intend to break down, but I was at a low point, thinking to myself about all the screwed up things that could've happened if Skylor hadn't showed up.

One tear turned into two tears. Two turned into three, three then four, and after that I stopped counting because they weren't single tears anymore but streams. I covered my face and sulked. I wiped my eyes and before I could tell, Skylor was on the bed with me, comforting me. "No, no, no. I'm fine." I shook my head.

"You're not fine. Ivy, it's okay." He wrapped his arms around me.

I don't know why but him holding me made me cry a little more. I gave in and laid my head on his chest near the crevice of his neck. "I'm so tired of this." I exhaled.

"Shh. It's okay, you're okay. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." He told me. I could feel his cheek on mine, then a gentle kiss on the forehead left me silent. The tears stopped. He gripped me tighter and only then did I feel like I was in the safest place I could ever be. His hands rubbed up and down my arm.

8:07 A.M

"I didn't want to worry your parents so I texted them from your phone saying you were staying at that chick Meredith's place." He pitched my phone to me.

I caught it. "Thanks." I mumbled. "What about Jonah and Bonnie?" I asked him.

"They left this morning before you woke up and went back to your apartment."

'Knock Knock'

Skylor got up and walked towards the hotel door and looked through the peephole. He released an audible sigh and opened it.

"Where is she?" Clay asked, anxiously walking through the door.

His eyes then landed on me. "Ivy." He rushed towards me. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked, holding both my arms.