Nine: Over

Kuroo turned in the corner and stopped to finally think calmly.

Why did he go and act as if he didn't want Bokuto to flirt with [Name]?

Oh, it was because of this pain in the heart he felt when he saw them standing so close to each other.

He didn't like it.

Was he perhaps...

Jealous?

But if he didn't like [Name], then he shouldn't have a problem with her having a boyfriend.

And yet, this vision made him feel bad.

He heard a distant sobbing and his heart clenched.

And there she was, crying because of his selfishness again.

He sat down and started analysing his own behaviour.

The cramps he felt, the jealousy, the desire to kiss her...

Adding all of that to each other...

Did he love [Name] despite what he was saying so confidently until now?

But saying it to the girl when he wasn't sure about it was the worst thing he could do.

How could he make sure he loved her, then?

It was Sunday morning, the second and the last day of the training camp with Fukurodani. The two people were walking through the corridor.

"[Name], did you give up on me already?", Kuroo asked, walking slowly beside the girl.

[Name] jolted.

"You asked me to talk only to make sure I don't like you?", she said.

"No! I just, you know, wanted to ask you about how is it going and all...", he abashed.

The girl sighed.

"No, I didn't. I'm sorry, Kuroo", she replied and looked down.

"It's okay! Really, don't worry!", he exclaimed and paused for he didn't want to sound happy about it.

"The truth is that I wanted to ask you about something different", he said with an unconfident voice.

[Name] looked up at the boy who was blushing a little bit. She raised an eyebrow but just waited for the question.

"I'm sorry I'm asking you this, but I don't know who else could answer me", he glanced at her from the corner of his eye and then looked down. "How is it? How do you know that you're in love with someone?", he fired, not sure about [Name]'s reaction.

She stared at him bluntly and then she blushed, turning away the look.

"It's... It's like... When you see the person you like, your stomach tingles", Kuroo raised an eyebrow, "and you feel like exploding when he's close. B-but you wanna explode, or something...", she was red. "And you want to touch this person all of a sudden".

With [Name]'s every word, Kuroo was getting more sure about his feelings, which at the same time was making him more anxious.

How could he be so blind?

"Is something wrong, Kuroo?", [Name] asked and grasped his jacket to get his attention back for he seemed absent.

Kuroo shrieked and the sudden wave of heat overflew him.

Suddenly, he grabbed the girl's wrist and pulled her to him, putting his free hand on her cheek. He leaned closer and stopped when their faces were millimetres from each other, watching the girl's reaction.

She was crimson red and shaking. She was looking him in the eyes, trying not to fall for she got weak.

He, on the other hand, was feeling as if his heart was going to jump out of his chest. The view of the girl's embarrassed face was turning him on, he almost couldn't resist shutting her mouth with his lips and sucking her life out of her.

"Kuroo? W-what are you doing?", she asked.

"But as her friend I know that it would be better if you didn't mess anything up. Especially if you're not sure about your feelings", Kuroo suddenly heard Kenma's voice echoing through his head.

He pulled back immediately, red on his face.

"Sorry, I just wanted to check... something", he said, confused.

[Name]'s dim look turned into a grimace.

Though her blush remained, she stepped towards the boy with an angry expression.

"What do you mean "I just wanted to check something"?!", she shouted, looking him straight in the eyes.

He was in such a shock that he didn't response. Seeing [Name] in that big anger was rarity.

No, he could confidently say that he'd never seen this amount of irritation in her eyes.

"You know I'm trying to give up on you, and you still go and act as if you wanted to kiss me? And this time it's not just my expectations. Everybody would think that", she growled, swallowing the tears.

"I-"

"You're an idiot! A complete idiot! You moron! You asshole! You dumbass! This time for real. I'm done with loving you!", she shouted and ran away.

Kuroo just stood there, aghast.

The girl was right.

He did something horrible to her. He just couldn't control his selfishness. When he looked at the girl, he was going out of his mind. Realising that he may love her, he thought that was okay since she liked him too and he completely forgot that she was trying to stop liking him.

He cursed under his breath and clenched his fists.

The vision of [Name] falling out of love with him hurt him as never before.

What is worse, he had a premonition that this time she will really manage to do that.

[Name] was leaning on the wall of the girl's room which was now empty, gasping.

She fell on her knees and hid her face in her hands.

She was broken. They were so close to each other, but it made her only more hurt. She was so naive waiting for Kuroo to kiss her. She knew he wouldn't do that, and still, she hold a believe that maybe the boy would somehow change his mind.

She was crying so loud everybody could hear that.

Fortunately, nobody was in the school. The assembly before the practice was starting and everybody was heading towards the gymnasium.

Everybody except [Name], who was now feeling too hopeless to stand up and pretend everything was okay.

She was mad at Kuroo. He used her and her feelings for his own reasons.

But she also knew she still loved him.

She wasn't in any way better, after all. She just used the situation for she knew that the boy would feel guilty and that her anger will surprise him. That's why she got an idea that if she told him now that she doesn't love him anymore he would believe her.

It was her last resort.

For realising that she wouldn't be able to keep the promise, she also understood one more thing.

She didn't want to loose Kuroo under any conditions