Chapter Three: Debts Are Always Paid, In Iron, Or Gold.

Percival raised his sword in response, and awaited the Captain's attack. The captain smiled and mocked, "Do you take me for a fool, that I would fight you with swords? Your family killed fifteen guards each, with sword, including my son, who your Uncle bashed his head open on the stone floor. I will have your family's blood for his."

Gwathnasehí pressed his hand on the ground, and shouted, "élëanar!" As he did, a beam of sunlight shot out of his hand, and struck Percival in the chest, sending him flying across the room, into a pillar toward the back wall.

A hole now burned in his white shirt, as Percival rolled out of the way of another fireball, cast by one of the Captain's companion's, while Faramaurea continued sitting on the ground, Charirflathesek She was not weeping, simply holding his corpse in shock, as one of Gwathnasehí's companion's, Burston began to march toward her.

"No! Narondo!" He exclaimed, launching a fire ball at Burston, striking him in the side of the face, and knocking him to the ground. "Faramaurea! Run!" He commanded, while Burston writhed on the ground in agony, and the other two advanced on him.

But Faramaurea didn't hear him, in her state of shock, so he focused his attention on the two who were advancing. Percival began to mutter a spell under his breath, and his hands burst into balls of blue and green flame, as he raised his hands into a defensive position.

Gwathnasehí attacked, casting a fire ball, but it didn't impact Percival, because Percival caught it in his now flaming hand, and with a wind up spin, threw it at Burston, silencing his shrieking forever. Returning to his defensive position, Percival cracked a gleeful smirk, when the two looked past them in shock, at Burston's now burned, still corpse. Suddenly thinking of his sister, he stole a glance at her, and noticed that she was meditating while holding the Mayor's corpse. Turning back, Percival reflexively dodged a fire ball, and cast one in return that was just as easily dodged.

Quardo grew tired of waiting and charged directly at Percival. Percival in turn gripped him by the throat, and cast "Narrond!" When the fire dome appeared, the colours matching the flames of his hand, he threw Quardo through it, his charred corpse all that appeared on the other side.

Gwathnasehí saw this, and for the first time in his life, began to panic. "Guards! They've killed the Mayor!" The guards burst in the door, and having heard the Captain's words, began to fire on the two siblings with crossbows, but both missed due to the blinding blue and green light of Percival's fire dome. Realizing that they did not have time to reload, they dropped the weapons, and drew their swords, while Percival lowered his firedome.

"Hold! We did not kill the mayor!" Percival shouted, but his words fell on deaf ears, as the guards charged, and he was forced to fend them off. Rapiers were not his weapon of choice, so dueling with one would be difficult for him.

As the three swordsmen dueled, Gwathnasehí ran for the door, but was stopped by Faramaurea.

Faramaurea was a terrifying sight to behold, her white dress stained red, and dripping with the blood of the slain mayor. Her eyes had rolled back, and her hair was slick with sweat, from her focused meditation on a spell. Her hands were held out to her sides, her palms facing away from her now faintly glowing form.

"I am afraid, Sir Gwathnasehí, that your death, is here." Her voice reverberated throughout the building, but for a moment nothing happened.

"You can not stop me, little girl!" Captain Gwathnasehí whipped out a dagger, and brought it arching down toward her head.

Percival saw this, and lost focus on his duel, for just a second, but it was enough time for him to be disarmed. He was forced to his knees, seconds before a knowing smile appeared on Faramaurea's visage.