CHAPTER 6

Once the two stepped outside, it had stopped raining. Granted it had stopped raining hard for awhile now but now it had stopped completely.

Even though it had felt only like a total about 5 hours since Cordelia was captured, it was already getting dark out. And it was about 8 or 9 am when it all happened.

The thought of that day's events hurt Cordelia's head and tears threatened to fall. And she didn't want to show weakness in front of the bastard. So she quickly thought of something else. Which was the surrounding environment. She could tell the pack was large. Bigger than what she was used to with hers. The pack was seemed to be in the center of heavy woods. And there not that many people out of their houses in this pack. Granted that it is nighttime but even at her pack everyone who could be outside was outside until the twilight hours of the night, talking and carrying on like nothing else in the world mattered. But that was all gone now. Things in this world did matter. Just like today's events.

Cordelia's stomach rumbled in hunger; gnawing at her skin and all around her abdomen. It has been several hours since she last ate. But she wasn't going to ask for food. She wasn't afraid necessarily of Pierce. She just hated him and was slightly intimidated by him.

She heard Pierce say something but she didn't understand what he said due to being so lost in thought of everything. Looking up, she saw that he was looking at her while they were walking. a raised eyebrow was plastered on his stone cold, evil but oh so good looking face. "What?" She asked, not knowing what was just said. "I asked. Are you hungry?" He retorted. "Oh... Ya. I'm a little hungry."

They came up on what Cordelia assumed was the pack house and Pierce opened the door for her. She hesitated for a moment. Why is he being nice all of a sudden? She thought to herself but shook the thought away and walked through the door "i'm not that mean of a person, i hope you know." Pierce mumbled under his breath has he followed her in. "Ya right. You kill out of kindness." Cordelia retorted and turned to look at the man.

"You are evil and heartless. You don't seem to care anyone or anything except for yourself. Did someone stab you in the heart and take it out and somehow you're still living? Is your soul black?" Cordelia spat. Pierce tried keeping his temper in control be he lowly growled at Cordelia. "You won't ever understand, stupid girl! Don't cross the line." He snarled. Cordelia scoffed. "Is that any way to talk to your mate, Pierce?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

He knew she was right. No matter how much he didn't want her to be his mate, he shouldn't be talking to her like that. But she crossed a line and he didn't want to admit that she was right. He didn't see himself as evil or heartless. Cruel and careless maybe. But definitely not evil and heartless.

"I am not evil and heartless. Everyone else thinks I am, but I don't think I am. I took you out of that damn prison cell didn't I? I'm going to feed you, aren't I? Exactly. Don't give me that face. I swear you'll regret giving me that face." Pierce said angrily and pointed an accusing finger at Cordelia who had a smug look on her face. She knew she got under his skin and prodded at any of the buttons she could.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about Pierce. I'm not giving you any kind of face." Cordelia said, her smug face ever changing. Pierce growled at her and stomped away into what Cordelia thought was the kitchen. "Just stay there!" He yelled from the other room and stuff clinked around. She looked around the room. It seemed to be some type of weird living room. All black everything. The walls and floors were black, the furniture was back, even the coffee table in front of the black couch was black.

Cordelia decided to sit on the couch. She sunk deep into the cushion and nearly folded in on herself. Struggling for about ten minutes, she finally got out of the man eating couch and sat on a love seat. That too nearly engulfed her but not as bad.

Pierce came out with a steamy bowl five minutes after she made do with the love seat. "Here's some soup. Scoot over." Pierce mumbled as Cordelia scooted over a bit and Pierce sat down. She peered into the bowl and saw it was chicken noodle and tried grabbing the spoon but Pierce pulled the bowl away so she couldn't grab it.

While he was making the soup, he was thinking. And thinking a lot. Since she was his mate, and as much as he hated it to the point of no return, he thought maybe feeding her would make her like him more. He didn't want to admit this, but maybe he was feeling something for her. But he pushed that feeling down. He made a promise to himself when his parents died that he would never love anyone again. It would just leave him in pieces when that person he loved left or was taken away from him. But somehow the young woman sitting so close to him changed that. He didn't know how she did, but she did. He didn't like it really either.

Pierce spooned some soup and tried to feed it to Cordelia. But she gave him a weird look. "Oh come on. Just eat it. Dang it, woman." He hissed and tried feeding it to her once more. Hesitantly, she opened her mouth slightly so he could put the spoon in her mouth and she swallowed the hot soup. It burned down her throat but felt good at the same time and her stomach ached for more.

She made a slight whimper and eyed the soup. Pierce chuckled. "What if I don't want to give you another bite? Hmm? What if it's mine now?" He purred and started to get up. Cordelia pinched the back of his arm. "Ow, ow. Okay, okay. I'm sitting back down. Damn.. Here." Grumbling, Pierce sat back down next to her and shoved another spoonful in her mouth. Cordelia smiled as she swallowed the soup.

Pierce huffed and fed her another spoonful. This girl knew how to get on his nerves and that pissed him off. But granted, now that he thought about it, he was pissed off pretty much all the time. But he claimed to have good reasons for getting pissed off all the time. And he didn't care who thought him getting pissed off all the time wasn't a good thing. Poo-poo on them, he thought.

Cordelia subconsciously laid her head on Pierce's arm. But totally not for the reason you guys are thinking. She still didn't like the man sitting next to her. She just wanted more soup. She felt really hungry and wanted to just steal the bowl and gulp it all down. But Pierce wouldn't let her touch the spoon, much less the dang bowl. But she had that idea in her head.

After the soup was gone, Cordelia started to doze off to sleep. She didn't want to fall asleep. She thought if she did, Pierce would try to do something to her. He was heartless in her eyes. Okay maybe not heartless, she thought. Because he made her soup and fed her the soup. So maybe he had a heart. But it was really, really, really, REALLY small and black and shriveled and he had no soul and he could do something to her that she didn't want to be done to her.

But she couldn't help herself and she curled up next to Pierce and laid her head on the armrest of the love seat. Pierced sighed and rolled his eyes. Of course, eat then fall asleep, typical. He thought to himself and got up to put the bowl into the sink. Someone can wash that for him.

He looked down at the sleeping girl on the love seat and a warm feeling entered his heart. But he quickly shook it off and grabbed a blanket off the back of the couch and laid it over her. "Goodnight. Or whatever. You can't even hear me. So whatever." Pierce mumbled more to himself than to Cordelia. But he really didn't care. He just wanted to get some sleep himself. So he stalked to his room, stripped to nothing but his boxers, and then laid down, instantly falling asleep.