The Falling Of A Hero

The quinjet opened, it's back pulling away from its self to reveal the grey concrete roof of the bland building below. We both cautiously stepped out, standing in a defensive stance for our attackers. Clint (who was flying the quinjet, much to my happiness) flew above us to watch our backs and guide us from our earpieces. Peter grabbed my hand and led me across the roof and onto the stairs, kicking down a door in the process. I heard a noise in front of us, a soft noise, but indelicate enough to make my ears prick up. So, I did what any logical 'super' hero would do, kick in the general area of the noise. I flipped myself and the figure over. The stairs were dark so I couldn't see a thing, not even knowing if the figure wasn't a robot or something.

"Belle, you might not want to do that," Pete whispered through his suit.

"Shut it, Spidey. We gotta get this done," I answered and continued to block attacks from out of nowhere. Surprisingly, I could sense what they were doing before they made the attack, even though it was so dark you couldn't see your own hand in front of you.

I grabbed my gun from my holster and decided to knock out a couple of shadows with the butt of it (the number was growing immensely) but when I turned to face the dark figures, I could sense something awful happen behind me.

"Get the hell away from him," I demanded, kicking some more of the agents to the ground. "Or deal with me, I mean, it's your choice." The lights in the corners of the room we were now in flickered on and off, and I saw two agents holding knives to his neck. I went to grab another gun from my utility belt when someone else pushed a knife into my wrist, drawing blood. I screamed silently in pain. Not only for the knife now stuck in my arm but for Peter, who had agents slowly pressing knives into him, especially his neck. Instantly, my scream became a noise, a vile noise that could burst the strongest of glass. Everyone had to cover their ears, releasing us both. I relaxed instantly, that was, of course, until a taller, bulkier shadow came into view.

"Well done, everyone. You may go now." The voice said, making everyone leave.

"Fury, you son of a bitch! Why the hell-" I stopped mid-sentence, turning to Peter, "Were you in on this too?" I said. His eyes glazed with guilt and he looked down, silently nodded. And that was all I need to go crazy.

"Who can I trust anymore?" I screamed. "The only person I considered to be my f*cking best friend turns out to be another suck up to precious little Fury. Were you told to be my friend when I first came here, huh? Were you told to get close to me just so you could break my tiny crappy heart?" I asked furiously (a/n hehehe). They both looked at me not saying a thing, so I knew my assumptions were correct.

"Okay fine, don't come back for me. Don't you dare even try and find me, okay, Peter Parker? You disgust me. I bet you don't even want to," I said, storming out of the building.

And I made my way out onto the streets of New York.

Rewritten on the 5th of December, 2017