↳ CHAPTER ONE

( chapter one ! )
"Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy"

  OLIVE MARIANO SAT ON THE BUS, her legs crossed under her and a pencil and sketch pad in her pale hands

  OLIVE MARIANO SAT ON THE BUS, her legs crossed under her and a pencil and sketch pad in her pale hands. Every few moments she would peak at her brother out of the corner of her eye, her eyebrows furrowed and her tongue sticking out in concentration as she drew him.

  Her brother, Jess, looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. "Seriously? You already drew me today."

  Olive rolled her eyes, dropping her pencil in her backpack and slamming her sketch book closed. Pissed that her brother broke her concentration. "I tried drawing that dude," she gestured to a boy their age who had his tongue lodged down a girls throat. "But every time I look over there, I puke a little."

  The Mariano twins were on their way to a small town called Stars Hallow. They used to live in New York with their mother Liz, but Jess had been rebelling a lot lately and their mom couldn't handle it. So, she's sending them to live with their uncle, Luke Danes. Jess is pissed about the move but Olive is excited— new people, new scenery and most importantly new inspiration.

  Twenty minutes later, the bus came to a stop in Stars Hallow. Olive jumped out of her seat and swung her duffle bag over her shoulder, giddily following her brother off of the bus. Once they exit, the twins come face to face with a man. The man had brown hair and blues eyes, he had on a red and blue flannel along with a blue baseball cap that he wore backwards. She was pretty sure this was their Uncle Luke.

  "Jess, Olive." Luke nodded at the teens.

  "Luke," Jesse greeted in a board tone.

  Olive, however had a different approach. She let out a squeal, startling both boys, and pulled Luke into a tight embrace. The diner owners eyes widen, surprised by her actions. She pulled away with a grin, "It's so great to see you again uncle Luke."

  It was silent for a while until Luke broke it. "Okay, so, uh..." Luke trailed off as he started walking, his niece and nephew following.